Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XBMC Sections added to the board

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts

Exclamation XBMC Sections added to the board

To all members, due the ever growing list of devices that XBMC supports and more and more XBMC chat on the Forum we decided to open a dedicated XBMC section.

Initially we've created the sections HERE.

As the sections grow and we see whats being talk about we'll and or move sections about.

We're also on the look out for active members experienced in XBMC and its various addons to join our team.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Blu-ray (04-01-15),cactikid (04-01-15),countryman (02-05-15),Donnie (04-01-15),duoduo (04-01-15),huey45 (04-01-15),judge (04-01-15),kev1372003 (04-01-15),khan888 (06-01-15),Larry-G (04-01-15),nirmies (06-01-15),nsw9154 (04-01-15),pembo (04-01-15),roybach (04-01-15),ukbob (04-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Sicilian, I know of a couple of very experienced xbmc guys that develop addons amongst lots of other useful stuff, I will ask them to join the forum. There is a member on here called Foz who is also very knowledgeable, I have seen first hand what he can do from another forum, xunity.
    Last edited by duoduo; 04-01-15 at 13:56.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

cactikid (04-01-15),huey45 (04-01-15),Larry-G (04-01-15),Sicilian (04-01-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Hi Sicilian, I know a couple of very experienced xbmc guys that develop addons amongst lots of other useful stuff, I will ask them to join the forum. There is a member on here called Foz who is also very knowledgeable, I have seen first hand what he can do from another forum, xunity.

The more the merrier. XBMC is not my cup of tea but we have added sections for those who want to use it, especially now that a lot of STB manufacturers are starting to incorporate XBMC into their portfolios.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

huey45 (04-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    omg more stuff things are going to get better and better,might get my box to work for a change

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

huey45 (04-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Should the forum not be called Kodi given that Kodi Helix has been officially released?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

huey45 (04-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Good point
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

huey45 (04-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Mods,

Been asked the following from a Kodi developer after asking if he could offer some support on the forum:

do you have the plugin to hand ?

Who is developing it ?

What hardware do you need to have for it to work ?

Can someone please provide the answers?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

huey45 (04-01-15),rossi2000 (04-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    plugin is only available on Vu+ Boxes. (SoloSE, Solo2, Duo2) Vu+ are developing it.

there is no plugin that you can simply install to an image at the moment.

there are a few components involved in the build process, that have been developed by Vu such as OpenGL. its still in beta stage atm.

i think at this time we need to see whats going to happen with it, as
    1. not all plugins/addons work, there are some conflicts here and there, missing modules etc
    2. who is going to fix these plugins, it doenst make sense to have to keep fixing/editing plugins for this xbmc, they should work from the xbmc repos immediatley.
    3. who is going to maintain these fixed plugins., seeing as though plugins/addons are a major part of XBMC for lots of people.
    4. why on earth are vu using xbmc gotham when kodi has been in testing for months and months. hehe
    Last edited by rossi2000; 04-01-15 at 19:21.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (04-01-15),Larry-G (04-01-15),zoro25 (06-01-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank you Rossi for the explanation and questions raised, so that I know what to respond with please can you explain to me what xbmc (vu version) looks like if not a plugin?

Also hopefullly you have used xbmc before so know how to answer this, the xbmc used for receivers, is this not a shell and then you the individual users can add the repository (install from zip) to get all the goodies just like you would on other platforms. On the basis your receiver is connected to the Internet the repository/addons auto update when you connect to xbmc. There are wizards you can add to have a setup in minutes with the best addons available along with a maintenance option which should fix most issues.

It would have been a good idea for vu to get developers involved from not just Kodi but also the unofficial developers (which Imo are the best) before even letting a beta go out so that the setup matches on a receiver to that on other available software's.

Can anyone who's had the benefit of seeing the xbmc vu version in action tell me if wizards and repositories can be installed and if TV addons wizard/repositories or Xunity Wizard/repositories have been tested?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (04-01-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgleave22 View Post
    Thank you Rossi for the explanation and questions raised, so that I know what to respond with please can you explain to me what xbmc (vu version) looks like if not a plugin?

Also hopefullly you have used xbmc before so know how to answer this, the xbmc used for receivers, is this not a shell and then you the individual users can add the repository (install from zip) to get all the goodies just like you would on other platforms. On the basis your receiver is connected to the Internet the repository/addons auto update when you connect to xbmc. There are wizards you can add to have a setup in minutes with the best addons available along with a maintenance option which should fix most issues.

It would have been a good idea for vu to get developers involved from not just Kodi but also the unofficial developers (which Imo are the best) before even letting a beta go out so that the setup matches on a receiver to that on other available software's.

Can anyone who's had the benefit of seeing the xbmc vu version in action tell me if wizards and repositories can be installed and if TV addons wizard/repositories or Xunity Wizard/repositories have been tested?
    if as in you sig you have a solo2 you could backup your current image then flash one of the various beta's about that contain the XBMC addon (BH, VTI, ATV etc). to see what it's like.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    its just that it depends on other things which arent available separately so it needs to built when building an image.
    it is the same as a normal plugin that you run from plugins menu and then xbmc loads into the real xbmc interface. just like you'd find on an htpc.

it has all the options for installing plugins /addons etc. i have installed a few things like youtube, 1 channel, bbc iplayer, itv player navix but from what ive tested none work properly even with the fixes.

for eg. youtube works all through the menus etc but when it comes to play a file it gives a black screen., maybe it needs a fix somewhere but really this should just work right away.

i have it linked atm to my nas and all that side of it is working fine for me. for movies, music and tv.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (04-01-15),Larry-G (04-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    hi the version i had running on my uno, loaded up icefilms and youtube and they ran perfect
    with a newer chipset box it should be brilliant, i dont know offhand which other images has
    XBMC already built into it, but i would give it a try..
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "

Title
    Thanks
    what you mentioned is the xbmcaddons plugin.
    its alot different to the xbmc we are testing.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Rossi, do you get any bug/log reports when you tried to play addons which didn't work that could shed some light on why things aren't working?

Title
    Thanks
    ive not used it for a while, just catching up on a few things.
    is the log just the big xbmc.log in temp? there is also an xbmc.old.log too. or are there specific log files somewhere else?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast