Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Sumvision Cyclone X2 Smart Media Player

Title
    Thanks

Sumvision Cyclone X2 Smart Media Player

Hi Guys

Trying to find some info on above other than what sponsor has posted on site
    and i have been to Sumvision, I gather it plays lots of media platforms, but I cannot find
    any reference to *smedia which I use on my VU+ Uno box, if the above supports this in
    standalone mode, this would be nice as a second downstairs box for my
    missus, as she tends to hog my sat box, any info appreciated

Thanks in advance
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The box you ask about is an Android box not a satellite receiver.. You can get xbmc on this which is your alternative to tsmedia.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

huey45 (29-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi im not up to speed with Xbmc, what can it do in relation to Tsmedia, I generally watch movies on my Uno sat box ??
    If its not broken don't attempt to fix it, it could get alot worse "

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    is it now called kodi having to setup my sumvision box,google chromecast is another project i am getting next week as it plugs into hdmi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

huey45 (30-12-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Go to Google and type in TV addons, go to the forum and have a good read. Kodi (fka xbmc) is far better than watching tsmedia on your receiver, to many benefits to mention on this thread. As I say go onto that forum have a good read and ask away, very helpful community. Before purchasing the box mentioned above, I can highly recommend for you to have a read over the specs for the Amazon fire Android box. .
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

huey45 (31-12-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    is it now called kodi having to setup my sumvision box,google chromecast is another project i am getting next week as it plugs into hdmi
    There is a wizard to install kodi on your Android box, again go to TV addons from memory it's on the first page along with step by step instructions. It is really straightforward to do and you will be up and running in no time.

HTML Code:
    http://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi/
    Last edited by duoduo; 30-12-14 at 09:56.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

huey45 (31-12-14)