Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are they worth the money?

Title
    Thanks

Are they worth the money?

I was originally looking at a VU+ Solo2 however browsing the sponsors store I found the GiGaBlue HD 800 SE+ Plus Digital Twin Tuner.

My main things I would like to use it for are obviously for TV but I like the idea of the OpenWebIf plugin to allow steaming to my tablet etc, I know the VU+ Solo2 supports this but would the 800SE+ support it?

Also I assume when it comes with the twin tuner it will give me the ability to watch one channel and record another.

I have been looking about for videos of the interface as well but can't seem to see it anywhere.

Sorry for all the questions

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Stick with vu solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    Stick with vu solo2
    I was planning on doing that but with a £90 difference i thought it would make a difference going for the GiGaBlue as im on a budget at the moment lol

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The TM-Nano 3T seems to be getting good reviews and it also has the 1.3mhz Broadcom Dual processor as used in the Solo2

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You won't be disappointed with the Vu+ Solo2, and excellent receiver, trust me it will be £90 extra well spent!
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm now im tempted between the TM-Nano 3T and the Vu+ Solo2, might be worth me saving up and getting the latter

Title
    Thanks
    I like you was considering the gigablue hd800ue but ended up buying the TM nano2 super which is identical to the TM nano 3t but with 2 tuners instead of three and i cant fault the box mate would highly recommend it saying that the gigablue is a nice box and is so much better priced than the VU+ and personally believe your paying for the name ok its built well but at the end of the day we just want to watch TV and giga and TM will do that with good support for alot less than a VU+

Title
    Thanks
    Technomate are shocking for support
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Technomate are shocking for support
    I wouldn't think so. Walk in & telephone support, you won't get that from many manufacturers, including VU.

Title
    Thanks
    I meant for driver support??

Title
    Thanks
    Well I've always found there support spot on

Yes they released initially with bad drivers but they sorted it out so credit to them

At the end of the day we can't all afford to spend £300 - £400 on a box which doesn't really do anymore than a box costing half the price but also has better customer service

Title
    Thanks
    Well the main 2 points I want it having are preferrably enigma2 as I want OpenWebIf for watching it on other devices around the house (if that's what the plugin does, i may be wrong)

And to record one channel while watching another.

If some of the cheaper boxes can do both of those as well as watch TV then im happy paying for that, even though the vu+ solo2 does look nicer lol

Title
    Thanks
    In my opinion I would have to say the gigablue 800 UE plus and the quad looks a lot nicer than solo2

At the end of the day all the boxes mentioned in this thread will do exactly what you want you really need to decide whether it's really worth the extra money for a brand name.

Title
    Thanks
    I think i might go for the Technomate TM-Nano-3T over the GiGaBlue, mainly for the fact I can mount a hdd inside rather than have a USB one, also the specs are slightly faster :-)

Title
    Thanks
    Used both solo 2 and gigablue hd800se..
    Gigablue is very slow and awkward drove me crazy just updating the epg took forever but will do the job..the solo2 is a fantastic box very well supported very reliable and would pay the extra for it as it's well worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast