Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What do you guys think of a search function by keyword ie you cant find where itv2+1 is so you search for itv or itv2 to bring up the available options

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markus625 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (28-02-15),Mr. Mister (28-02-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markus625 View Post
    What do you guys think of a search function by keyword ie you cant find where itv2+1 is so you search for itv or itv2 to bring up the available options
    That would be good as well. Would that be added to Mark007 red button as another option do you think?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    That would be good as well. Would that be added to Mark007 red button as another option do you think?
    Not sure, would u be able to pm me the py files so I can test the new features.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
    Hi all,

I have managed to modify the graphical epg screen to add features I feel would improve the user experience. As well as modifying the colour and channel +/- buttons as mentioned in earlier posts, I have also added a search number feature (allows you to enter a number to find a channel), a list of your bouquets which you can flip through and finally channel numbers that stay consistent despite whatever bouquet you are on. To elaborate on the last feature, I have assumed that the first bouquet for everyone is "All Channels" which has the desired numbers. Subsequent bouquets have channels whose numbers now match the relevant numbers from the "All Channels" bouquet.

Below are some screenshots showing the search number feature in action:

Attachment 40829Attachment 40830Attachment 40831Attachment 40832Attachment 40833

The following screenshots show how the channel numbers remain the same despite what bouquet you are in:

Attachment 40820Attachment 40821

I know certain bouquet providers change the channel names to include a number prefix which means that it achieves the effect as my tweak. However my tweak will allow you to have consistent channel numbers which do not rely on people changing the names of 100s of channels.

Also, in relation to the red option button. I have added a nifty feature where if the event is empty then instead of the red button bringing up an options menu, it changes to a search function. This is because the option menu contains options such as timer, auto timer etc and this is pointless if the event is empty. This can be seen in the below screenshots:

Attachment 40822Attachment 40823

Before I release the files for people to use I was wondering if I can get a few people to test this for me. I am quite new to the Enigma2 scene, have only had my box for a few weeks so feel like I need a few experienced users to test this for me.
    This guy needs to be on the image team.

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (28-02-15),edevs (01-03-15),markus625 (28-02-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markus625
    Me too.
    I think you can delete the py file once it has rebooted and updated the pyo file.
    You can, yes.
    But that also means you'll lose it all at the next update if the packaged with the "real" *.pyo file gets updated - so keep it around in order that you may put it back for a later recompile.

Quote Originally Posted by birdman
    I don't have an "All Channels", so is that optional?
    I guess that is something that would have to be tested and maybe even coded for.

I use All Channels as I find it easier and have the normal sectional bouquets as well but not HD or FTA bouquets.
    I create my own bouquet files, so that I can put all of the Freeview (incl. HD) channels onto their standard channel numbers (ABM may do this now, but it didn't a few months ago). It also means that my Radio and TV bouquets are the same (they each contain both...)
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Not a single py file uploaded to this thread, how can anyone expect any code to be tested or even added to the image?
    Currently, no one can even help to improve or implement any of the ideas suggested.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (01-03-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I create my own bouquet files, so that I can put all of the Freeview (incl. HD) channels onto their standard channel numbers (ABM may do this now, but it didn't a few months ago). It also means that my Radio and TV bouquets are the same (they each contain both...)
    Sky UK (SD) swaps SD channels for HD channels for those channels that work.

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Not a single py file uploaded to this thread, how can anyone expect any code to be tested or even added to the image?
    Currently, no one can even help to improve or implement any of the ideas suggested.
    All I did was change function of red and green key so that EPG goes 24+/- in my code so it's not worth uploading my code as it's nothing compared to the work @matt007 has done.

@matt007, when you get a chance can you upload your py code so it can be tested and possibly implemented into the image itself. Thank you.

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    @bbbuk I'd be interested in your code. All I'm after is changing red to show bouquets and channel +&- to page up and down, not really bothered about extra popup menu like matt007's

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4|2|1 View Post
    @bbbuk I'd be interested in your code. All I'm after is changing red to show bouquets and channel +&- to page up and down, not really bothered about extra popup menu like matt007's..
    Attached as requested. Remember all I did was change what the first three coloured buttons do.

EpgSelection.zip

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (02-03-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Was is It matt007 who came up with green showing recordings.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Was is It matt007 who came up with green showing recordings.
    I wasn't aware of green showing recordings. I'm not sure what you mean?

Matt007 has changed the coloured buttons, multi-options available on selected event, channel numbers before name and allowing entry of channel number from epg screen to jump to it.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts

Matt007 has changed the coloured buttons, multi-options available on selected event, channel numbers before name and allowing entry of channel number from epg screen to jump to it.
    Yes and I don't mean to sound rude but if you want that code included in the image we are going to need him to upload it here or if pass it on some other way either directly to a member of the team or via the GIT. without it this thread is pretty much useless.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (02-03-15),markus625 (02-03-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Whered Matt007 gone, it's all gone quiet.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Whered Matt007 gone, it's all gone quiet.
    I noticed he hasn't been on for few days. He may be working or something.

Hopefully when he's back he can upload the .py files

Title
    Thanks
    Hi guys! Im really sorry for the delay - Personal life got a bit hectic, not to mention I work full time and this is just a hobby to give back to the community.

Here are the files. I have included the .pyo file instead of the .py file for the reason stated above by Abu Baniaz.

@bbbuk - I realise you want the .py file as you want your colours buttons to be set up a bit differently. It will become a bit messy if we deal with that in this thread so I am more than happy to go through the source with you outside this thread (PM perhaps) and help you get your buttons working.

Whilst the functionality is coded in the python files, the visual side is always down to the skin. As a result I have only made this work with my current skin which is Blue HD v3. There is no reason why it cannot work on any other skin - just requires a few elements to be added to the skins xml file.

Please back up your original files before replacing them with the ones below.

The files:

EpgSelection.pyo - This contains coding for the new functionality. Place this inside /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens

skin_Blue-HD.xml - This contains new elements that will allow you to see the added features. Place this inside /usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD

epg.png - I modified the look of the epg screen to incorporate the list of bouquets next to the current bouquet. Place this inside /usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/infobar

What has been modified?

Red Button:
    If event is present then it will display a options dialog with the following options:
    1) IMDb Search
    2) Add Timer (or Change Timer if timer has already been added for that event)
    3) Add AutoTimer
    4) Search

If event is not present then the red button will just turn into a search button as it doesnt make sense retaining options such as Add Timer, Add AutoTimer if an event is not present.

Green Button:
    Short Press - Brings up your recordings
    Long Press - Brings up your timer list

Yellow Button:
    Minus 24 hours

Blue Button
    Plus 24 hours

Channel +:
    Goes up a page

Channel -:
    Goes down a page

< and >:
    They switch through your bouquet list as before - No changes there. However with the new bouquet list element I have added, you can see the list being scrolled through - Just a user experience improvement (well for me at least!).

Numbers 0-9:
    Allows you to search for a channel. As you are typing, if your channel number exists then the channel name will appear. Pressing OK will go to that channel in the EPG. Waiting for a few seconds does the same.

I decided to leave out the numbering of the channels as I feel it will get quite messy as my code required the first bouquet in your list to contain all of the channels with the correct numbers. It seems to me not everyone has set up their bouquets like that so things will just get messy.

Let me know of any bugs or issues. As I said before, I am pretty new to the enigma2 scene, having just got a box a few weeks ago so would appreciate any feedback.

Download:
    Upload removed. See further along thread for later version.

Edit: Once I get time, I will modify other skins so it can work with them too.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 04-03-15 at 16:00. Reason: Removed attachment as per OP request

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to matt007 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (03-03-15),bbbuk (03-03-15),davers1875 (03-03-15),Larry-G (03-03-15),markus625 (03-03-15),scwheeler (03-03-15),TK4|2|1 (04-03-15)

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast