Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I did some testing with the G-EPG numbers (Had no change color button option, skin issue?).
    I created 4 bouquets.
    1st: cable all channels
    2nd: cable FTA
    3th: Freesat all channels
    4th: Freesat FTA
    Alternative numbering on, no use of primary bouquet.

This displays the numbers in all bouquets the correct way. no issues.
    Alternative numbering off:
    Channel numbers correct in all bouquets, no issues.

Choose first bouquet as main bouquet:
    channel numbers in 1st bouquet ok, in second bouquet it has the numbers of the first bouquet. Also when you are in the 2nd bouquet and choose another channel using the G-EPG, suddenly you are back in the 1st bouquet. That is not wanted behavior.
    The 3th and 4th bouquets has there own channel numbers.

It doesn't matter if you have alternative numbering ON or OFF, it's the same behavior.

During testing I had 1 BSOD when I choose G-EPG.

IMO that 'choose primary bouquet for numbers' is complete unnecessary and give you unwanted behavior of channel picking.
    Without it, it acts like it should be.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Peterj; 23-10-15 at 14:03. Reason: attached crashlog
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The primary bouquet thing is for people who have the large Sky UK bouquet. If you haven't got that, leave the setting as default. It is optional to switch it on.

Just like Virgin EPG is useless to lots of people and at the same time useful to lots of other people. The same applies here.

If you can upload the crashlog, it can be remedied.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    The primary bouquet thing is for people who have the large Sky UK bouquet. If you haven't got that, leave the setting as default. It is optional to switch it on.
    An option that causes issues for a normal setup will not be taken aboard of ViX.

Just like Virgin EPG is useless to lots of people and at the same time useful to lots of other people. The same applies here.
    That's a different story: turning 'Virgin EPG' on doesn't give any issue at all when you don't receive the data.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-10-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I don't understand what a large bouquet has to do with messing up channels in another bouquet.
    A bouquet is an user defined channel list. You put channels in it, in an order you want and (when you know how to do it) you give it channel numbers you want (like ABM is doing it for you).
    Why should there be an option to mess up your channel numbers in a bouquet and worse, when you choose another channel using G-EPG you suddenly hop to the "main" bouquet?
    Vu+ Duo2, OpenVix, 3xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-s2 , 1xdvb-c (Sundtek)
    Vu+ SoloSE V2, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    ET6500. OpenVix, 1xdvb-c
    Motor 1m dish

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peterj For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-10-15),Rob van der Does (23-10-15)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killercow View Post
    no one has suggested how duplicate channel numbering can be elegantly avoided in Vix
    Channel numbers do not exist in E2. The numbers shown in the list are just accumulative from the start of the first bouquet but in no file does a numbering system actually exist and correlate to services. If you want channel numbers build an SQL database of channels and have the channel numbers as one of the columns. Lots of work, but the correct way to do it.
    Last edited by Huevos; 23-10-15 at 14:52.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (23-10-15),Peterj (23-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    allowing unlinked bouquets messes up order of bouquets. we have that option in image too.we imported it as default of being enabled. changed it to disabled because we discovered issue with it.

alternate numbering spoils some people's bouquets. perfect for others.

there is no numbering in E2. it is just the order they are loaded.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    Choose first bouquet as main bouquet:
    channel numbers in 1st bouquet ok, in second bouquet it has the numbers of the first bouquet. Also when you are in the 2nd bouquet and choose another channel using the G-EPG, suddenly you are back in the 1st bouquet. That is not wanted behavior.
    The 3th and 4th bouquets has there own channel numbers.
    What do you mean "main bouquet"? I assume you mean Primary Bouquet? If so, this is /exactly/ the way it's meant to work. The Primary Bouquet has precedent over any other Bouquets, and where a service exists in the Primary Bouquet, this one is preferred. The idea is, you can assign channel numbers however you like in your Primary Bouquet, and create any other categories without worrying about cumulative numbers. If a service exists in a Primary Bouquet, it will always override a matching service in other bouquets. If you want to make use of the Primary Bouquet it's simple - just create a Bouquet list with all the channel numbers you want and set this is as the Primary Bouquet.

There is no need for you to use a Primary Bouquet because it seems you don't have a need for this functionality, whereas many others do. Simple.

As for the crash, it seems to be a crash in Enigma2 core and I can't trace it back to any python or EPG related activity. Keep an eye out if more crashes happen.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Channel numbers do not exist in E2. The numbers shown in the list are just accumulative from the start of the first bouquet but in no file does a numbering system actually exist and correlate to services. If you want channel numbers build an SQL database of channels and have the channel numbers as one of the columns. Lots of work, but the correct way to do it.
    Yes, a database of channels makes sense, and I had considered that. Actually, i think XML is more suited to this task as there is not going to be frequent reading/writing, so SQL would be a bit ott. The issue with this approach is that it would require every Bouquets maker (including ABM) to be aligned with this channel creation approach. Not only is this a large task in itself (given how difficult it is to get anyone to implement this relatively harmless change already) but it may not comply with OE-Alliance compatibility.

Let's not get into symantics over Channel Numbers not existing in E2 - i've heard this several times and I'm aware. There are numbers that appear when i select a channel. I'm going to call these Channel Numbers, regardless of where they're inherited from. You can't tell me that the numbers I type to Zap to a channel are somehow irrelevant. So, this is built for the users of today. The users that don't care and don't even know that E2 doesn't have channel numbers. The users that type a number to jump to a channel. The users that have requested more than once for improvements to the system.

Title
    Thanks
    The only objections have been from people usingvthe primary bouquet feature when they should not have.

Might as well as add numbers only for now. 28.2 users who complain about numbers not tallying can be told to use the main bouquet =HD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killercow View Post
    So what you're saying is, for two closely related features (which have already been tested by multiple users) to be merged into a testing branch (Dev), it needs to be split into several commits (which it is within my own fork) so that they can be tested(???).
    As far as I can see they are only related in that they both affect the EPG. Beyond that they are two separate extensions to functionality.
    So splitting them into two sets of changes would make sense in that it allows one to be added while the other is rejected.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Guys been watching this thread for some time and I wanna bring our attention back to the original suggestion.

I mainly use the hdmi cec funtionality to control from my TV remote as this is part of vix otherwise this option wouldnt be there to enable and forces us to use the box remote etc only.

Heres the issue i have in the G-EPG you cant access the bouquets or even change to a differant bouquet as you dont have those extra SPECIAL buttons, also no way to access the recordings from anywhere within vix unless again you a special button dedicated to that job.

Plus is the IMDB red button actually any better than the information supplied within the epg data its not much use for tv shows is it, and heres another thing about IMDB its not anywhere to be seen in the movielist/recordings as you have the red button for the delete green for move yellow for location and blue to sort by etc.also go and watch something you have recorded earlier lets say a movie etc if i press the RED button it brings up the epg selection.

Dont say go and buy a harmony remote as i want to use the HDMI-CEC functionality instead.

As for showing numbers or referencing them to a main bouquet I have to say i have really no need for this as i find changing bouquets just as easy, think the only time ive used channel numbers directly is zapping to a channel etc like sky new 501 etc.
    I can see it being usefull for sky uk etc like what I have but i can understand if you have a motorized dish than it could become quite confusing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to markus625 For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (24-10-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You mean you're using the TV's R/C (via HDMI-CEC) to control the STB? Then you will indeed miss a lot of buttons.
    IMHO you should do it the other way around: control the TV via the STB's R/C. After all, for controlling the TV when using an STB as source, you'll only need the TV to go 'on' and to the correct input (and maybe the volume & mute as well).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    You mean you're using the TV's R/C (via HDMI-CEC) to control the STB? Then you will indeed miss a lot of buttons.
    IMHO you should do it the other way around: control the TV via the STB's R/C. After all, for controlling the TV when using an STB as source, you'll only need the TV to go 'on' and to the correct input (and maybe the volume & mute as well).
    Yes thats exactly what i mean controlling the stb with the TV's R/C , yes you can control the TV via the STB's R/C but only if its a univeral type like with a VU remote etc but I would say most STB's you can buy now are not the universal type ie control STB and TV.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No, I meant HDMI-CEC the other way around; let the STB control the TV via HDMI-CEC.

Title
    Thanks
    "Killercow 20151022 GraphEPG Numbers" were working fine with 3.2.021, but since 3.2.023 it crashes in a bootloop when loading GUI. Anyone else having this?

enigma2_crash_1448330228.log
    enigma2_crash_1448330194.log
    enigma2_crash_1448330262.log
    enigma2_crash_1448330296.log
    enigma2_crash_1448330330.log

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast