Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Title
    Thanks
    Hello men, Ive noticed on some of the screen shots on here that on your sky skin when you open your epg you have your boquets across the top. Mine doesn't have that, can you direct me to where I can get it please.

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.wooldridge.35 View Post
    Hello men, Ive noticed on some of the screen shots on here that on your sky skin when you open your epg you have your boquets across the top. Mine doesn't have that, can you direct me to where I can get it please.
    It's just being tested at this moment hence why you can't see it on your skin.

We're hoping it will be implemented once tested

If you wanted it in mean time and you're okay with FTP'ing into box and replacing files then see earlier in this thread for files attached by Matt (instructions on which files to replace can be found even earlier in this thread).

One thing i'm unsure of is when build 154 is released with new coding that has been done on the skins this may cause problems I'm not sure!!
    Last edited by bbbuk; 19-03-15 at 12:27.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for updating me bbbuk, I'll look forward to its release.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Guys do you think that the modifications we are implementing in the g-epg be also applied to the quickepg as they are pretty much the same

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is it worth us still working on these modifications but from what it's worth im using the mods in my skin.
    @matt007 is it possible to absolutely position the red button pop list, I'm working on a new skin and would like to implement some of these ideas even if it's not implemented into the image.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    whats the point in creating a skin with features the image doenst have?
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    whats the point in creating a skin with features the image doenst have?
    Once ive created and finished this new skin it should work with or without the mods, but ill be putting the mods on my box's from now on as it suits me.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markus625 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (12-04-15),duoduo (10-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markus625 View Post
    Is it worth us still working on these modifications but from what it's worth im using the mods in my skin...
    I'm also using the mod on my skin and I've noticed a few other people have also implemented the mod as well.

For what it's worth, I would like it to continue

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

duoduo (12-04-15),markus625 (14-04-15),TK4|2|1 (13-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markus625 View Post
    Once ive created and finished this new skin it should work with or without the mods, but ill be putting the mods on my box's from now on as it suits me.
    What skin is it Marcus? I think the efforts you guys have put in is admirable and would love to see them implemented at image level.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    I'll be more than happy to continue working on it but its just a bit hard to know what goes on in discussions behind the scenes amongst the members of the image team.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to matt007 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (14-04-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
    I'll be more than happy to continue working on it but its just a bit hard to know what goes on in discussions behind the scenes amongst the members of the image team.
    To the best of my knowledge, I believe it was decided not to go ahead and include it in any image so i'm using it as a mod and will continue to do so. I know Markus is as well and i've seen some threads elsewhere to indicate a few others have.

What I would like to see is those G-EPG features for the number button options that no longer work, respond to 'long' number presses instead. That, I believe, would still maintain all the existing number options and your great new features all in one.

Thanks
    Last edited by bbbuk; 14-04-15 at 18:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, I believe it was decided not to go ahead and include it in any image so i'm using it as a mod and will continue to do so. I know Markus is as well and i've seen some threads elsewhere to indicate a few others have.
    The voting thread you created indicated that people wanted it but it was decided to not go ahead with it - which is fine as I am fully aware that sometimes there are many reasons that mean certain features cannot be implemented (which is why people make mods), but some sort of dialogue from the team would be helpful as it would give everyone a better understanding.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matt007 For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (14-04-15),duoduo (14-04-15),markus625 (14-04-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    In my opinion i was hoping that we could still work on the ideas and improve the implementation and other positioning issues with the pop up menu or make some of it skinable and then hopfully get it into a Dev build.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt007 View Post
    The voting thread you created indicated that people wanted it but it was decided to not go ahead with it - which is fine as I am fully aware that sometimes there are many reasons that mean certain features cannot be implemented (which is why people make mods), but some sort of dialogue from the team would be helpful as it would give everyone a better understanding.
    the code isnt consistent throughout all the epg screens.
    the buttons atm are hardcoded, not much point to change them for different hardcoded buttons. the best way to deal with this is to make the buttons configurable, and also making the pop-up menu configurable, so a user can choose to use this if they want.

the extra widgets and things imo arent that much a problem.

any chance you can break it down to exactly what has been done, i cant see any reason why some extra widgets and things cant be used in the main image.

i closed the other thread, dont get me wrong, id like these mods in the main image too, but not everyone wants change.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast