Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    What would be bad with adding to EPG menu?
    Given that they aren't meant to be global keybindings (the idea is for them to be EPG-specific) - I would say, "Nothing".
    Last edited by birdman; 06-12-18 at 01:19.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Long series of if tests always give the impression that the coding could be simplified.
    If nothing else, 8 if tests in a row for the same value should be replaced by 1 if and 7 elifs, as it can only have one of the values at a time.

e.g.:
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/python
    #

class FuncMap(dict):
        def __missing__(self, key):
            return None

RGYBKeyMap = FuncMap()
    RGYBKeyMap = {
       "24plus": "self.nextService()",
       "24minus": "self.prevService()",
       "timer": "self.RecordTimerQuestion(True)",
       "imdb": "self.openIMDb()",
       "autotimer": "self.addAutoTimer()",
       "bouquetlist": "self.Bouquetlist()",
       "epgsearch":  "self.openEPGSearch()",
       "showmovies": "self.showMovieSelection()",
       "record": "self.RecordTimerQuestion()",
       "gotodatetime": "self.enterDateTime()",
    }

for graph_yellow in ("24plus", "autotimer", None, "gotodatetime"):
        if graph_yellow:
            to_call = RGYBKeyMap[graph_yellow]
        else:
            to_call = "self.openEPGSearch()"
        if not to_call:     # Set default
            to_call = "self.openEPGSearch()"
        print graph_yellow, "maps to function", to_call
    Last edited by birdman; 06-12-18 at 01:18.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

dsayers (06-12-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Looks like I missed a few of bbbuk commits https://github.com/davesayers2014/en...6b5310f7bb7ea4

Only issue I had to # #self['dialogactions'] lines.

Title
    Thanks
    Looks like I missed a few of bbbuk commits https://github.com/davesayers2014/en...6b5310f7bb7ea4
    Which has one array repeated 4 times.
    Just create it once and use it 4 times...

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Which has one array repeated 4 times.
    Just create it once and use it 4 times...
    Thanks ill take a look when I get chance.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Given that they aren't meant to be global keybindings (the idea is for them to be EPG-specific) - I would say, "Nothing".
    Unfortunately, it was overuled by some in Vix!

If I remember correctly there was even a poll and it was very popular but thread was ultimately closed.

I do know there is at least one member who did try to keep mod upto date with changes within Vix.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    What would be bad with adding to EPG menu?
    It was discussed, as a team, the decision was no.

It is definitely bad hacking out code that has been added to the image instead of adapting code. All images allow users to select bouquets within the G-EPG. It is the TV button on OEA images. PLI uses bouquet/Ch+/-

bbbuk always used to add debug to indicate it was his file in use. Saved so much messing around with identifying issues.

Title
    Thanks
    Can we change "Add Timer" to "Record" and "Add AutoTimer" to "Record Series"? for regular users who are used to regular boxes coming to OpenViX is a big leap to take. How would a regular user know what Add AutoTimer means?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EGGMANCAN View Post
    Can we change "Add Timer" to "Record" and "Add AutoTimer" to "Record Series"? for regular users who are used to regular boxes coming to OpenViX is a big leap to take. How would a regular user know what Add AutoTimer means?
    You've already had answers to the same question you asked a few days ago.

"timers" have always been used for recordings for as long as I can remember.

I used to have a Sony C9 Betamax recorder.... 1982 Review... "From the consumer point of view the C9 is a stylish front loading machine which has a 9 event 14 day timer...".
    Last edited by ccs; 18-01-19 at 20:19. Reason: typo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How would a regular user know what Add AutoTimer means?
    Autotimer doesn't mean just record a series! It can be used to search for a programme name that hasn't appeared in your EPG yet, perhaps in 3 to 6 months time. Also Add Timer can be used to record a series (if episodes are reapeated an the same time daily/weekly)

Like most boxes I've owned some of the terminolgy is different to what I've owned previously but I've soon got used to the functionality of a new box and the terminology it uses. For instance on a previous (non Enigma2/Openvix) box similar functionality was referred to as PowerSearch, SeriesSearch and TextSearch. All 3 could be used to automatically set timers in the future and 2 modes allowed recording a series). Autotimer contains the functionality of most of the PowerSearch and TextSearch. Series search on my previous box used a facility not available in Openvix. OpenVix already has a "record" function and a Power timer, albeit the latter is not necessarily related to recording programmes.

Add Autotimers can be much more powerfull than the simple "Record Series" as implemented on lesser Freeview/Freesat branded boxes.
    Last edited by adm; 18-01-19 at 21:30.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

EGGMANCAN (22-01-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Autotimer doesn't mean just record a series! It can be used to search for a programme name that hasn't appeared in your EPG yet, perhaps in 3 to 6 months time. Also Add Timer can be used to record a series (if episodes are reapeated an the same time daily/weekly)

Like most boxes I've owned some of the terminolgy is different to what I've owned previously but I've soon got used to the functionality of a new box and the terminology it uses. For instance on a previous (non Enigma2/Openvix) box similar functionality was referred to as PowerSearch, SeriesSearch and TextSearch. All 3 could be used to automatically set timers in the future and 2 modes allowed recording a series). Autotimer contains the functionality of most of the PowerSearch and TextSearch. Series search on my previous box used a facility not available in Openvix. OpenVix already has a "record" function and a Power timer, albeit the latter is not necessarily related to recording programmes.

Add Autotimers can be much more powerfull than the simple "Record Series" as implemented on lesser Freeview/Freesat branded boxes.
    and how did you discover this new terminology? how did you find out for yourself what AutoTimer means?

Title
    Thanks
    and how did you discover this new terminology? how did you find out for yourself what AutoTimer means?
    Personally, by clicking on the button and seeing what the options were. Then it was obvious what it was.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post

how can you know what the programme title is going to be 3 to 6 months in advance?

The Power timer only works when a channel is being watched. If the EPG, settings or a plugin is open then the Power timer does nothing.

Title
    Thanks
    Personally, by clicking on the button and seeing what the options were. Then it was obvious what it was.
    you sure about that?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    how can you know what the programme title is going to be 3 to 6 months in advance?
    I often leave my autotimers in place after a series has finished. It will automatically pick up the next series without having to bother.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

EGGMANCAN (22-01-19)

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast