Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to improve the Graphical EPG screen

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    I often leave my autotimers in place after a series has finished. It will automatically pick up the next series without having to bother.
    And if there's something you've missed, you can set up an autotimer to record it the next time it's broadcast. Simple.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EGGMANCAN View Post
    The Power timer only works when a channel is being watched. If the EPG, settings or a plugin is open then the Power timer does nothing.
    The reference to a PowerSearch (on a different box) is nothing to do with a Power Timers, which in turn has nothing to do with recording,.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    you sure about that?
    Yes, I'm certain.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I often leave my autotimers in place after a series has finished. It will automatically pick up the next series without having to bother.
    if the events start at the same time in the next series. that would probably work for coronation street idk about every series. It's nice to know that it might catch it if you do miss the start of the next series though.
    Last edited by EGGMANCAN; 22-01-19 at 20:30.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The reference to a PowerSearch (on a different box) is nothing to do with a Power Timers, which in turn has nothing to do with recording,.
    but they all have one thing in common, they are all timed functions.
    What are we talking about Power searches for? Surely a search function should also be separate from a timer function? I think yellow is for searches right?

Also set a Power Timer on your box to automatically turn put your box into standby mode after 1 hour then open the EPG and leave your box for 1 hour. It will not turn off even if there is no activity in the EPG. It will even detect that you have been inactive and still function as normal but it will not turn your box off if you have the EPG open. When you close the EPG it will show a notification telling you that you have been inactive for 1 hour and the box is automatically going to turn off. But closing the EPG is a form of activity and the box is supposed to stay switched on when your are active with this particular type of timer.
    Last edited by EGGMANCAN; 22-01-19 at 20:28.

Title
    Thanks
    but they all have one thing in common, they are all timed functions. except what are we talking about Power searches for?
    We're not. You are. For some reason.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    if it starts at the same time with the next series. that would probably work for coronation street idk about every series. It's nice to know that it might catch it if you miss the start of the next series though.
    You can set autotimers to pick up any time, any day, any channel. When your programme appears in the epg it will set a record timer for it, or a zap timer, or record and zap depending on what you set it for.

Title
    Thanks
    You can set autotimers to pick up any time, any day, any channel. When your programme appears in the epg it will set a record timer for it, or a zap timer, or record and zap depending on what you set it for.
    some series get repeated twice before the start of the next series. but not all of them. I agree this is a nice function and can work well for some types of series.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There is no native functionality to check episode or series numbers in Enigma2

Title
    Thanks
    We're not. You are. For some reason.
    you're trolling me now.
    Power search should be contained within the yellow (i think) search button.
    Auto timer should be contained within the blue timer button.
    Record should be contained within the green record button.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The use of PowerSearch related to a Topfield box and was used as an example to demonstate that not all boxes use the word "record" to set criteria for setting timers.

On an Enigma2/OpenVix box a power timers can be used, for example, to
    Put your box into standby/deep_standby at a certain time of day, say, when you usually retire to bed.
    Put your box into standby/deep_stabdby if you don't touch a button on the remote for a given period of time.
    etc.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    The use of PowerSearch related to a Topfield box and was used as an example to demonstate that not all boxes use the word "record" to set criteria for setting timers.

On an Enigma2/OpenVix box a power timers can be used, for example, to
    Put your box into standby/deep_standby at a certain time of day, say, when you usually retire to bed.
    Put your box into standby/deep_stabdby if you don't touch a button on the remote for a given period of time.
    etc.
    do you use the record button to set a power on/off timer?

Title
    Thanks
    do you use the record button to set a power on/off timer?
    No, I go via the Timer menu, which is where I can set timers - such as setting a recording to occur at a future time.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I would like to add my request to the long list of requests.
    I currently use KiddaC mod on one of his skins and it has a great layout for the buttons:

The Red button is called "Options" and combines "Record" , "Record Series" , "search EPG" and "Search ImDB"
    The Green Button takes to to "Recordings" aka File List
    The blue and yellow buttons are +24 hours and -24 hours in the EPG

This seems to be a really good setup. However..... KiddaC's modification is a bit broken as its based on an old epgselection.py file so is not working quite right.

I guess what I'm really asking - is it possible to have the above or

a) Be able to customize the buttons both at the top level and then a sub level. That way each person can pick and choose what functions they would like on the buttons to match their usage
    b) Have a selection screen where you can choose this setup and perhaps 2 or threee other "popular" setups.

That would give something well above other builds and make make VIX even more popular (in my humble opeinion).

Cheers
    Paul

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Just to update this thread, most of the changes in this thread have been added to ViX. Press Menu while in an EPG screen, there will be options for you to define what the buttons do.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast