Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Neflix says offline viewing is never going to happen

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Neflix says offline viewing is never going to happen

Netflix users, here is some bad news for you. The Director of Corporate Communications at Netflix, Cliff Edwards, has confirmed that offline viewing is “never going to happen.”

He asserts that providing offline viewing to users is only a “short term fix for a bigger problem.” The problem here being the lack of ubiquitous access to quality Wi-Fi hotspots everywhere.

Netflix stance on this matter is different when compared to other streaming services like BBC iPlayer and HBO Go. Both services provide users with an option to cache videos for offline viewing without an active data connection. In fact even YouTube recently added an option for offline playback of videos in countries like India and the Philippines where 3G networks are spotty.

Netflix has said the same thing in the past, and it believes that in the next five years Wi-Fi coverage will improve tremendously, which should automatically stop users to request for offline viewing of videos.

In five years time, Edwards believes, we won’t even be talking about the prospect of offline downloads. So while we’d say “never say never”, it sounds like it is, in fact, a case of never.

While Wi-Fi coverage and quality may drastically improve in the United States over the next five years, there is still no denying the fact that offline viewing is an incredibly useful feature to have. However, it looks like Netflix wants to avoid implementing it — probably because of licensing issues with its content providers.

[Via TechRadar]

Code:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/12/neflix-says-offline-viewing-never-going-happen.html
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    There seems a lack of HDMI input equipment from well known manufacturers. I would like to know if the type in market at the moment that can be installed in a computer, can record stream ok

Title
    Thanks
    Microsoft Expression Encoder Will Record And Encode, Straight Off Your PC Screen(Live Screen Capture)... It's Free... But You Need Enough Processing Power(CPU/GPU) To Watch The Stream, And Record It At The Same Time...

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24601

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pac2000 View Post
    Microsoft Expression Encoder Will Record And Encode, Straight Off Your PC Screen(Live Screen Capture)... It's Free... But You Need Enough Processing Power(CPU/GPU) To Watch The Stream, And Record It At The Same Time...

Code:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24601
    Thanks, I am now trying Bandicom and my processor is Intel I5 Quad with 8GB ram, which is more than enough in my media center. I will try this when I have time.