Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: vu xbmc preview test

Title
    Thanks
    Well even at that I'm delighted the teams have and I think this is justified by the expectations and wishes of the image users who are requesting it
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    That is why I'm wondering why people would use this plugin, as dedicated and fine working mediaplayer are available.
    Imagine you're watching TV and want to watch a recording. Now instead of going to the movielist you go to applications, activate the XMBC-launcher, go to the desired functionality and do what you want to do. From now on you have no longer access to the box's e2-functionality (such as timers/EPG/TV), so if you want to you need to stop the playback, navigate to exit-XMBC and do what you want to do in E2.
    If, what I really expect in a system like XMBC, the frontend (tuners) would be supported, it would be a complete different story: then all PVR & mediaplayer functionality vould be done in XBMC.

So again my question: what's the 'nice' thing about this limited XMBC plugin?

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiz View Post
    so this is not available for vu ultimo or vu uno right
    Correct: VU only supports this on the Solo2, DUO2 and Solo SE.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Nope, nothing mixed up; I was curious if this would be 'real XMBC', but lacking the interface to the frontend makes it quite useless IMHO.
    Just a mediaplayer-GUI; I can't imagine a team spending effort on that?
    The same as on the Sparks 2 (Android) satellite receiver. So the same huge limitation.

Title
    Thanks
    Looking forward to seeing it added. Seems big demand for it. Obviously not to everyone's taste and that's fine. But any image progress is good and to be welcomed
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    LOL, you read the workflow I wrote above? You think people are actually going to use it?

Title
    Thanks
    Going give you a simple answer here rob - - Yes.
    Don't see the point in trying to slate a feature and what people have spent long hours developing. I understand you don't like it and that's fine. But many others will. Personally think e2 has been crying out for a decent gui for local media like this for years. Remember it is only in beta yet Rob and will only improve over time
    LOL, you read the workflow I wrote above? You think people are actually going to use it?
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishchris For This Useful Post:

duoduo (31-12-14),fishlos (14-01-15)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It's not about what I like or dislike. I'm trying to get a feeling for what people would want.
    And of course everybody uses a system in a different way.

And yes, it is beta. But as there is no sign about the real difficult part, the support of the tuners, I have my doubts if that will ever come. Of course that's only guessing from my side.

Title
    Thanks
    It's not about what I like or dislike. I'm trying to get a feeling for what people would want.
    And of course everybody uses a system in a different way.

And yes, it is beta. But as there is no sign about the real difficult part, the support of the tuners, I have my doubts if that will ever come. Of course that's only guessing from my side.
    The tuner support is of little importance to me but again everyone has a different opinion. As long as it can be used as a decent media player add on I'm happy
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

foz
    people will use it mainly for streaming movies tvshows & live sports rob not playing there own content like plex
    you can use the tuners if the pvr clients are built in although I wouldn't what's the point?
    its ok to use the pvr clients on a tv box to utilise the two boxes but I see this as 1 box does all
    foz
    Last edited by foz; 31-12-14 at 14:41.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I don't know if you tried it already, but do you know how long it takes to exit the XMBC plugin and to revert to live-TV (or whatever).

That really is my main concern. Using the XMBC now you get the look & feel as if you're using a complete system. But it isn't.
    And yes, I agree: having one integrated interface for all mediaplayer functionality is nice. But IMHO it comes at a high price.

But maybe I'm wrong, and maybe VU is actually working on the PVR-end of XMBC. If that would be true, the story would be completely different. Then you would have a real choice between Enigma2 (which is now killed when entering XMBC, I'm not even sure if planned recordings will take place) and XMBC; that would be an interesting development, a real users choice.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't know if you tried it already, but do you know how long it takes to exit the XMBC plugin and to revert to live-TV (or whatever).

That really is my main concern. Using the XMBC now you get the look & feel as if you're using a complete system. But it isn't.
    And yes, I agree: having one integrated interface for all mediaplayer functionality is nice. But IMHO it comes at a high price.

But maybe I'm wrong, and maybe VU is actually working on the PVR-end of XMBC. If that would be true, the story would be completely different. Then you would have a real choice between Enigma2 (which is now killed when entering XMBC, I'm not even sure if planned recordings will take place) and XMBC; that would be an interesting development, a real users choice.
    Just in the process of flashing VTi beta to my duo 2 to test. The main worry from what you describe rob would be if e2 was completely killed and planned recordings did not take place in background. I agree that would be pointless then. But if that wasn't the case then I would be happy to have it on my system.
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I didn't really check that; after a short test I was so disappointed that I reverted to ViX right away
    But on the VTi forum it was described as such.
    What I did notice, was that during the time that XMBC was active there was neither FTP nor telnet.

foz
    I agree if its killing any set recordings it does seem pointless, however its in very early stages yet and I hope this would be address with further development if indeed it does

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    My own opinion would be to develop XBMC as a standalone OS alternative to E2 instead of a plugin. But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast