Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vu xbmc preview test

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

vu xbmc preview test

Looks like animations and xbmc coming soon for SoloSE, Solo2 and Duo2

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

bassethound (14-01-15),Clabs (14-12-14),duoduo (14-12-14),Joe_90 (14-12-14),maxben (14-12-14),mcquaim (14-12-14),rossi2000 (14-12-14),vmax (14-12-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Looks like the beginning of the end for the lower end Vu+ models then, although personally XBMC is not really of any particular interest to me.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

nsw9154 (02-01-15)

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    Cool

Sent by pressing the screen on 1 of my Apple devices, cuz that's how I roll..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For me this is brilliant, so anyone know when and how it will be available or how to find out?
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    personally I do not care about this animations nobody really needs. They should leave it it DMM to make such a nonsense. They should improve the streaming abilities.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (14-12-14),Mr. Mister (15-12-14),nsw9154 (02-01-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    personally I do not care about this animations nobody really needs. They should leave it it DMM to make such a nonsense. They should improve the streaming abilities.

ciao
    Could not agree more, enough of the gimmicks and give us genuine features.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Think this is a brilliant idea.
    Being able to do most things under one umbrella should have been done a long time ago.
    But can see certain people at the top of a very slippery slide not thinking so.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    I've used xbmc (now kodi) for about two years now. I find it excellent as a music/video database and in the past 9 months or so it plays all formats of high definition sound on the linux platform (something I can't say of Vix or any of the Open MIPS/ATV images). However, I found that xbmc sucked at sat/terrestrial TV and PVR functions on the linux platform. It would be an ideal solution for me if I could combine my media player requirements and PVR into one platform.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    personally I do not care about this animations nobody really needs. They should leave it it DMM to make such a nonsense.
    Exactly; it's all about superfluous nonsense. I wouldn't allow a box in my house with all kind of fun fair 'attractions'.

Quote Originally Posted by s2tephen View Post
    Being able to do most things under one umbrella should have been done a long time ago.
    What do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I've used xbmc (now kodi) for about two years now. I find it excellent as a music/video database and in the past 9 months or so it plays all formats of high definition sound on the linux platform (something I can't say of Vix or any of the Open MIPS/ATV images).
    LOL that has nothing to do with an image, but with the hardware. There is no way that video-codecs can be added to the limited hardware capabilities our STB's can offer.

However, I found that xbmc sucked at sat/terrestrial TV and PVR functions on the linux platform.
    And that's exactly the point. After all a (satellite) receiver is there for (satellite) reception, and Enigma2 is a very versatile program that (so far) hasn't bene beaten by any other.

It would be an ideal solution for me if I could combine my media player requirements and PVR into one platform.
    That can/could indeed be done. Only thing you need is a full blown PC to run e.g. E2 instead of the actual STB's. Downside is a 20 times higher power consumption..... It makes quite a difference running a PC 24/7 or an STB; the latter uses overall only 20W.

Actually best option IMHO is still an E2 box as receiver and a dedicated mediaplayer for playing all kinds of media.

Or even better: stop trying to play all kinds of badly coded files 'found' on the internet. As our STB's are perfectly capable of playing correctly coded files.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    BTW: I have no idea were the title "vu xbmc preview test" stems from; this has nothing whatsoever to do with XMBC, it's just about (horrible) menu animations.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Rob,
    put your glasses on and take a second look at the videos:-)

In 1. video you see xbmc launcher and 2. video shows cover flow of xbmc and I asume it is perhaps on a VU.

XBMC is a nice start but without bluray-/dvd-iso (best would be with menu), HD sound and WMV<9 it is no replacement of a real PC/mediaplayer.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    See
    Code:
    http://www.opena.tv/plauderecke/12154-vuplus-xbmc-opengl-preview-infos-post107312.html#post107312
    for some more information.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

kiwiz (15-12-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    nothing really interesting in this German thread. The changes to XBMC for the "bcm gles api" will most likely be closed source. No ETA yet:-(

ciao
    ---

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    I browsed through the xbmc (kodi) forum last night and no serious development seems to be being done for the Broadcom STB platform although there are a number of users trying compiles etc. Any candidates will likely come from higher end STBs with dual core 1.3GHz and > 1GB RAM. Drivers likely to be an issue also. Timeframes uncertain.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    so this is not available for vu ultimo or vu uno right

from where did you get that info

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast