Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Panel Icons Fixed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So is there any documentation available for the manufacturers to see what Enigma2 expects of the drivers?
    Hehe, manufacturers should be very well aware of the requirements at the very moment they decide to sell E2-compatible boxes.
    And apart from knowing; it's easy enough for themselves to test. Which is what they (should) do before any driver release.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Hehe, manufacturers should be very well aware of the requirements at the very moment they decide to sell E2-compatible boxes.
    But how, if it isn't documented anywhere? Guess work?
    And apart from knowing; it's easy enough for themselves to test. Which is what they (should) do before any driver release.
    In order to test something you need to have requirements. Someone should know what these are.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You really should ask manufactures about that. They are the ones who find a good (selling) cause for making boxes E2-compatible.
    If they can't, for whatever what reason, they should refrain from doing that.

Title
    Thanks
    You really should ask manufactures about that.
    But I can't, as I have no idea who the manufacturer is. All I know is that the vendor is WoS (and in Europe, I only need to deal with the vendor). So I'm asking them via the only means available. and getting nowhere.
    And even if I did know who the vendor is, I wouldn't know what to ask them, as there appears o be no information as to what the FP should be doing anyway.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So simply believe us, when we say things need to be fixed in drivers. And the only one who can do that, is the manufacturer.
    And as he's the one who gains money out of selling E2-compatible boxes, don't let his worries become yours

But I agree with you that technical and user information about boxes is rather scarce.

Title
    Thanks
    So simply believe us, when we say things need to be fixed in drivers. And the only one who can do that, is the manufacturer.
    ...who can't/won't do it unless the problem is reported to them!!!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    We use to report issues to manufacturers once the issue is clear.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    But that's no guarantee for success

Title
    Thanks
    So I could possibly help here, by finding out what the problem is (as I actually have the box to test on). Except that I can't find out what the FP should be doing, as no-one seems to able to say what that is - they only say that it behaves differently to what the code seems to expect.
    Also, since the kernel is GPL'ed, and the module is distributed with the kernel, shouldn't the source code be available from the manufacturer somewhere?

Title
    Thanks
    OK. There is one problem I see.
    The record icon still stops when it goes into Standby.
    So if I get you right here. You want the record icon to display while in standby mode to show it is recording without pressing the power on button on the remote. so the record icon displays with the date and time.

Title
    Thanks
    When the Miracleboxes or shipped from the manufacturers they are shipped with the OpenMB image which the frontpanel works correctly. Changing the image to other image sources will always create problems,

Vix do a really good job here, but as you know the image is changed very offer because all the box manufacturers don't sing of the same hymn sheet.

There will always be some bug somewhere what don't run on some boxes thats the point of the updates to try and keep everyone happy, but not that easy when your trying to update 6 to 7 different manufacturers.

The very same problem with computer motherboard manufacturers and windows and linux software never can win unless they all work together which won't happen cause its all competition.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    So if I get you right here. You want the record icon to display while in standby mode to show it is recording without pressing the power on button on the remote. so the record icon displays with the date and time.
    That's what I'd *like*, yes.
    However - I can't find the code that sets the clock display on, and have this sneeking suspicion that it's in a totally different mode by then (as the network icon is switched off too - and that is being updated every 30s otherwise).

I hit another issue today - the record icon was on when manually starting up from Deep Standby. That was easy to fix - it can't be recoding anything at his point, so I just put a script at the end of rcS.d to echo 0 into symbol_circle.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes it will be in another pyo file as its a call from the remote to put the box into standby.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Yes it will be in another pyo file as its a call from the remote to put the box into standby.
    Time for me to start a thorough () browsing of the source code, then.
    But your changes (whatever they were - I now have to find a Python decompiler...) have improved things - for me, at least.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    But your changes have improved things - for me, at least.
    +1
    It was one of the little things from the Toppy I missed A quick look at the front panel now tells me the box is on because it is recording.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast