Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Panel Icons Fixed.

Title
    Thanks

Front Panel Icons Fixed.

All done and programmed and compiled working great just how the box should do. going to test the box works on wakeup to record function. if all ok.I will try and get a zip file on here next couple of days.

Title
    Thanks
    Find attached file to upgrade to get the Front Panel Icons working when recording.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Leader For This Useful Post:

birdman (24-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    Is the source available anywhere - and an you get it into the standard Enigma2 codebase (so it will come along with standard updates...)?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    Is the source available anywhere - and an you get it into the standard Enigma2 codebase (so it will come along with standard updates...)?
    Not likely in my opinion, as has been said multiple times these should be fixed in the drivers by the manufacturers not by hacking the image to compensate.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    you can de-compile the pyo to look at the source.
    but im not sure whats been changed atm, or even if this file is from vix image
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    I couldn't see the difference between the 1 and >1 recording icons when I started up 1 then another recording.
    But it turned out that this was because I already had one running and was actually looking at 2 and 3 recordings! Once I stopped my 2 test ones I could see it.

Looks OK. It honours the setting as to whether display FP icons, which I had to switch on, hence the not-noticing that I already had a recording running when I restarted the GUI. So I've missed a bit of "I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue" (rather appropriate ), but can always get it on Saturday should I wish.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Not likely in my opinion, as has been said multiple times these should be fixed in the drivers by the manufacturers not by hacking the image to compensate.
    So is there any documentation available for the manufacturers to see what Enigma2 expects of the drivers?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Not as far as I am aware, it's all pretty much in Andy Blacks head sadly. but he has said time and time again that things like this should be handled in the drivers, and we have in the past kept to that standard and other manufacturers have indeed corrected their drivers as a result.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    This was so easy to program with a little change of code all the recordtimer needed to do was tell the box what it was doing.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    This was so easy to program with a little change of code all the recordtimer needed to do was tell the box what it was doing.
    Which strikes me as what should be done. Al that the FP driver needs to do is to show/not show the icon as it is told. It should be up to enigma to know the current state and, on any state change set the driver to the current state.

PS: This new code is still looking good. The record icon no longer comes on just because the box comes out of standby.

Title
    Thanks
    The only time the boot icon comes on now which was always present is from a restart of the box as that code which switches it on is in the config file which I have not changed, but once your first recording starts and ends it will clear the display which is all we was looking for.
    Last edited by Leader; 24-11-14 at 20:38.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    but once your first recording starts and ends it will clear the display which is all we was looking for.
    Well, it also seems to stop the record icon from coming on when it comes out of Standby, which is what caused me to switch it off entirely (as once you brought it out of Standby it was permanently on).

Title
    Thanks
    The file is from an OpenVix image it was off my miracleboxbox running vix 090 image the latest one. I de-compiled the file and added little code then let the box compiled the source code back.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    you can de-compile the pyo to look at the source.
    but im not sure whats been changed atm, or even if this file is from vix image
    The file is from an OpenVix image it was off my miracleboxbox running vix 090 image the latest one. I de-compiled the file and added little code then let the box compiled the source code back.

Title
    Thanks
    OK. There is one problem I see.
    The record icon still stops when it goes into Standby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast