Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miraclebox in boot loop after deep standby/switch on from plug

Title
    Thanks

Miraclebox in boot loop after deep standby/switch on from plug

Hi, my box has started playing up lately. When booting up from deep standby or when switching on from plug it goes upto the black vix logo then reboots. Will keep doing it unlimited times but then i switch it off from mains again and on again and it loads up. im on vix apollo 078.

Title
    Thanks
    May be worthwhile doing a full flesh flash. download the file for the image from the vix download page, then put it on a usb stick. save your backup settings from your box to hard drive and a full backup image just in case its no better then you can put your box back if needs too..

Title
    Thanks
    Did that few weeks ago when an image was required to do full fladh. 55 i think

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner786 View Post
    Did that few weeks ago when an image was required to do full fladh. 55 i think
    As we're now on build 80 that's 25 builds ago. I would recommend a flash.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    save your backup settings from your box to hard drive and a full backup image just in case its no better then you can put your box back if needs too..
    Out of curiosity, how do you do that on a box that won't boot up?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    have updated it to build 88 full flash and still happening

it turns on but majority of the time it needs to be unplugged and plugged again to fully boot.

Title
    Thanks
    Any ideas to do a flash using TFTP or serial line?
    Whats the sequence?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    still doing same thing. only had it few months will i be able to send it back to get it checked out?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    can you telnet into the box whilst it's in its boot loop, it would be good to know whether it is E2 that is crashing or the whole box.
    You might be able to tell from the screens that pop up.... e.g. do you see the power on screen always (assuming this box has one) but the boot loop keeps going around the vix logo?

Title
    Thanks
    hi..my miraclebox did the same thing,,just stuck on miraclebox logo and wouldn't go any further..had to send it back.

Title
    Thanks
    how do i contact wos to return it?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner786 View Post
    how do i contact wos to return it?
    Do a fresh flash with 147 first n see what happens.
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Vix Apollo 142

My box has been going through the repeated boot loop for the past few weeks. Previously I've seen similar with the last dozen or so Vix builds.

Having now had some time to investigate.

I usually have my router/tv/computer turned off for most of the day and turn them on at the same time. It's at this time I usually also take my Miraclebox out of standby. If the router establishes a connection (broadband) sync before the Miraclebox is just about to display a picture for the first time the Miraclbox works without problems. If the router is a bit tardy in establishing a sync the Miraclebox will reboot again.

If my router is switched off, and remains switched off, when my Miraclebox is asked to come out of standby the boot loop will repeat forever.

The cure is to turn off the 'background check' option in the software update settings menu.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Do you get any crash logs created in root's logs directory during this loop?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Vix Apollo 142

My box has been going through the repeated boot loop for the past few weeks. Previously I've seen similar with the last dozen or so Vix builds.

Having now had some time to investigate.

I usually have my router/tv/computer turned off for most of the day and turn them on at the same time. It's at this time I usually also take my Miraclebox out of standby. If the router establishes a connection (broadband) sync before the Miraclebox is just about to display a picture for the first time the Miraclbox works without problems. If the router is a bit tardy in establishing a sync the Miraclebox will reboot again.

If my router is switched off, and remains switched off, when my Miraclebox is asked to come out of standby the boot loop will repeat forever.

The cure is to turn off the 'background check' option in the software update settings menu.

hi mate.
    just checked and it is already turned off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast