Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remote control issue again - phoenix can u help?

Title
    Thanks

Remote control issue again - phoenix can u help?

Hi, I've seen a few posts relate to this and experienced it myself before now.

About 6-8 releases ago the VIX TM2T updates rendered my remote inoperable immediately after upgrade and restart. I used my Iphone remote app to run the wizard and doing a backup of old settings made the remote live again. Having had loads of lockups lately I have removed my HDD / factory reset / ran newest bootloader / flashed newest image.

I forgot about the remote issue and now of course I have no 'old' backup to make it live again. I can only think there is something in the newer builds (perhaps as far back as the start of Apollo) that kills my remote after a flash.

The box has only ever ran VIX nothing else / I've changed no codes whatsoever. Is there somewhere in the image files I can extract via FTP and list here that might point to the problem guys?

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Thanks
    *update*

I messed around with this for several hours before stumbling across something. I noticed that although the red light was coming on the light was repeating on and off at a medium pace when I pressed a button (its usually almost solid red of course). I moved STB to TV time and time again, then out of frustration I pressed the STB button so hard and for so long - it was as if it rebooted or something (the remote), the repeating flash light I was getting went solid as normal and the remote works fine now.

I just dunno

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Sorry for not replying earlier I only just saw this thread. As far as I am aware we have asked TM to provide us with a copy of their RCU plugin to change the code as you can with the Vu plus machines because TM routinely ship some boxes with the wrong remote or the remote setup for the wrong machine and we have no way of rectifying it in our image.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

SoupKing (09-11-14)