Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Apple issues statement on ‘WireLurker’ malware affecting Macs and iOS devices

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Apple issues statement on ‘WireLurker’ malware affecting Macs and iOS devices

Yesterday, a research paper put light on new malware called ‘WireLurker’ that is affecting Mac and iOS devices in China. WireLurker attacks iOS devices through USB cables that are attached to a Mac, and works even on non-jailbroken devices.

Apple today gave a statement on the issue, saying that they were aware of the malware, and advise users against installing apps from untrusted sources:

“We are aware of malicious software available from a download site aimed at users in China, and we’ve blocked the identified apps to prevent them from launching. As always, we recommend that users download and install software from trusted sources.”

The malware used the enterprise developer program certificate to install apps without having to go through the App Store, and Apple’s statement suggests that they’ve revoked these certificates, which will block these apps from getting installed. The source of the malware was a third-party App Store in China that distributed Mac apps. To avoid any attack on your iOS device or Mac, users should ensure that the source of the software they’re installing is trustworthy.

[via Loop Insight]

Code:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/11/apple-statement-wirelurker-malware.html
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

potterson (07-11-14),Sicilian (06-11-14)