Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Spiderbox HD6000 intermittent problems

Title
    Thanks

Spiderbox HD6000 intermittent problems

Hi to everyone on the forum!

I've had this device for several months; it would cut out or reboot from time to time over the first few months, and I just put it down to the LNB, glitch or something. But then it started to occur much more frequently, and now it's on a daily basis. It's not the LNB or connection, as that works perfectly well on a different device.

Mine will now regularly cut out after being on half an hour or so; it doesn't actually turn itself off - it still displays the channel number - but there's no picture or sound. Then it will also occasionally reboot.
    But the problem is intermittent; for example it's been on for over an hour today and it hasn't cut out yet....

I believe there is a firmware update I should install, but would these problems be related to that?

Many thanks for any help

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Doug.. i have a Spiderbox 6000 HD box and have no problems. Your problems could well be related to a faulty patch as i have seen this on other receivers. I would try and reload latest patch available from this site and see if it works better. I am using this latest patch and have not had any problems.

Regards

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

Doug J (07-11-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for the reply.
    Are you referring to the HD6000_2014_07_24 patch?
    Is there any other manufacturer firmware or anything I should do as well?
    Many thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Doug Yes thats the patch i am using at the moment and have had no problems. I would try and reload the patch again and make sure the box reboots itself properly after the load.. Do you get the problems on different satellites/channels or is it the same channel????. How old is your box and is it motorized or fixed.??
    How do you get it to work again do you just switch it off and on to clear the problem. I would also try and delete all channels and then do a blind scan to retune the channels back in and see if it works properly.
    Regards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

Doug J (09-11-14)

Title
    Thanks

patch-related

Hi again

The problem does seem to be patch-related. I installed it on Friday; it froze after the entire patch installation was complete and I had to re-start a second time. Later in the evening the problem re-occurred - but since then not once. Yesterday and again today it is operating without issue.... fingers crossed!