Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: new tuners recording 2 channels problem

Title
    Thanks

new tuners recording 2 channels problem

I hope I have just missed something basic here

Received some replacement tuners that now work fine

I do have a issue with not been able to record 2 programs at the same time though
    I get timer conflict error

Both tuners work and if I set a recording for 1 channel I am able to watch another channel

But if I try to record something else. Get the above error

Seems strange as the usual no tuner free when both are active doesn't appear and when one channel is recording and i switch to another channel (no channels greyed out)
    it clears fine and also can see it switches tuners on the info menu

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Sorry for asking, are you having issues with third or second service?

Also usual questions..
    What are tuners configured as?
    What cams and version number?
    Just FTA or encrypted?
    Have you changed priorities for recording etc?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response Abu

It was second service I had issue with
    I know third service is available if the channel is on the same frequency as one that's recording but it was second service I was referring to

Both tuners were setup as dvb-c and on auto I think

I managed to sort it by disabling tuner a for a minute it seemed to Flick the switching mode back to normal and it has been working fine for the last hour or so

I have since found the menu option for tuner priorities so if which are set to auto

On a side note after fumbling around with cabelling all day
    I didn't realise that using the dvb-c tuners you can use the loop instead of running a full second feed for the other tuner
    (I had both tuners connected by their own feed from the wall when I first tested the recording and it didn't work)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    This is my tuner configuration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    This is my tuner configuration.
    My configuration is set to scan provider rather than frequency steps

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The reason it probably didn't work when connecting 2 feeds from the wall is because your signal levels will have been balanced at the green box for just one connection, as you are using loop through can you if possible test by recording or watching ss1hd whilst recording ss2hd at the same time and report if you experience any break up or garble.
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    The reason it probably didn't work when connecting 2 feeds from the wall is because your signal levels will have been balanced at the green box for just one connection, as you are using loop through can you if possible test by recording or watching ss1hd whilst recording ss2hd at the same time and report if you experience any break up or garble.
    Thanks.
    I will test those specific channels I've done a fair bit of record testing over the course of last night and haven't had any trouble since it started working fine

I did however in the first instance upgrade the original cable that was run which was old stuff to webro wf100 cable as well to make sure ttherun itself was good enough rather than the cheap rubbish that I had in place