Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Corrupt EPG

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Corrupt EPG

Apollo 64, Freesat, UK
    Since the clocks changing I've had problems with the EPG BUT only on one channel. It looks like there a number of different programs allocated to the same time slot. Often the program in the current EPG time slot is not what is currently being broadcast, however it is an EPG entry for a program on the same channel for a later/earlier time slot.

How do I clear down the EPG so that it will be re-populated from the broadcast information?

I've tried deleting the epg.dat file and then restarting the box but on a re-boot what appears to be a fully populated EPG file (epg.dat) with the same wrong information has reappeared on the hard disk. I suspect that during shutdown (to deep standby) a previously stored EPG (with the wrong information) is written back from a cache to the hard disk. This wrong information is again picked up on a subsequent re-boot.

[edit]
    OK I've found a solution

i) In the EPG setting menu turn off "auto save" and "auto refresh"
    ii) Delete the epg.dat file
    iii) Restart the box
    This gives an empty EPG which starts populating again from the broadcast information
    iv) Re-instate EPG settings menu options

[edit2]

One of the multiple entries in the EPG time slot was always for a program that would have have been broadcast exactly one hour later - which suggests that it was due to the recent one hour clock change.
    Last edited by adm; 29-10-14 at 20:12.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    EPG datat is kept in ram and rewritten to receiver on restart.

If you want to delete it effectively, you must put enigma to sleep first using telnet command "init 4". Then delete epg.dat