Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem streaming

Title
    Thanks

Problem streaming

Bought my box last week and am having problems streaming. In fact actually sometimes I have problems just using openwebif.

When I start streaming using MBlive app on my iphone it works for a few seconds but then stops telling me to check my connection.

At the same time the Vix logo starts spinning on the tv and no buttons will work on the remote control. After some unknown length of time it comes back to life and processes the button presses etc.

The process of accessing the box to get content over the net therefore seems t cause it to hang. I've tried with both wifi and network cable and it's no different.

Any ideas please? Is it a faulty box?

Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark007 View Post
    Bought my box last week and am having problems streaming. In fact actually sometimes I have problems just using openwebif.
    Probably of little help with your problem, but I've found openwebif to be sluggish at times with the spinning VIX logo when selecting some of the options on the web interface.

I've have tried a few streams from openwebif on my laptop with my Miraclebox cabled to my router and then Wi-fi from the router to my laptop. Recordings appear to play flawlessly. They are opened in the VLC media player on my laptop (free for a LOT of platforms from:

Code:
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en_GB.html#download

I've found some plugins completely kill the speed of my box - probably because many in the 'list' are incompatible with VIX and this box.

My box really didn't like a wired network and wi-fi configured at the same time - it was one or the other and not both.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

mark007 (19-10-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, since upgrading the vix image it seems better on local network but still not as reliable as e.g. netflix. If I go through public ip though it still causes problems for some reason.... Can accept this though as not really planning to stream over net, just wanted the web browser access.

Will keep an eye on it and see how things go...