Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Plex is now officially available for Microsoft Xbox One

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Plex is now officially available for Microsoft Xbox One

Plex has announced the official release of its Plex for Xbox One, the first updated personal media app for the next-gen consoles.
    In addition, there is a a Plex for Xbox 360, although it is not available today but should be "soon." Plex is software that allows the streaming of videos, music and photos to a wide range of devices and is compatible with Mac, Windows 8, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, many popular NAS devices, and others.

Plex CPO Scott Olechowski says the Xbox One platform was the most requested by fans of the service: "Plex for Xbox is an exciting milestone in our continued effort to help people enjoy their personal media, wherever they happen to keep it, on all of their screens. It also happens to be the platform most requested by Plex enthusiasts, and we have worked hard to design an experience that will delight them and Xbox fans alike."

For current Plex Pass subscribers, the apps are free but they will be available to non-subscribers for a one-time purchase price, likely at $9.99.

A few of the key features:

Your Plex Media Server makes your media library look beautiful by automatically collecting and displaying artwork, content ratings, plot summaries, and more for your media. Now, Plex for Xbox provides a new experience in your living room with a bold presentation that feels right at home on Xbox.

Media Discovery
    Plex for Xbox introduces new media discovery capabilities to the Plex experience. Plex users will now be presented with customized categories of content based on viewing habits. These customized categories will make it easy to discover new content, enjoy similar content (for example, based on genre or cast) and rediscover content that has not been viewed for a while.

Plex for Xbox also includes fan favorites like On Deck, which keeps track of shows you're currently watching, allows you to easily continue watching where you left off, and automatically suggests next episodes.

Voice & Gesture Control
    Plex for Xbox, combined with Kinect, supports voice and gesture control, allowing users to navigate their Plex media library, view content, and control playback without picking up an Xbox controller.

Code:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2014/10/08/plex-is-now-officially-available-for-microsoft-xbox-one

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Alankellyeire (04-01-18)

Title
    Thanks
    It's a Plex client as far as I can tell,

what we really are missing is a Plex server for the VU+ / Enigma 2 boxes.

I'm running a DUO2 which is more than capable to run either a Plex or a full XMBC server.

It's a shame that all we have the DreamPlex client. (which by the way is very outdated in your plugins, please update it.)

**TSMedia is very good as a stand-in , however it can't compare to the support given to either Plex or XBMC (Plex is just a Fork from XMBC)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    plex server is not open source, therefore you're at the mercy of the plex team to create a server build for different architectures such as your DUO2.

Title
    Thanks
    Pembo, thanks , I actually didin't know this.

Title
    Thanks
    well, I am not sure is it appropriate to ask my problem, but I found rare threads about Plex, so, if disturbing, please forgive me. What the easiest, quickest way would be to get 800-900 DVD's ripped and put into some format so I can share them into Plex? I am running a PC and a MAC, Which file extension am I aiming for? AVI? MKV? Is there a way to just drag off the VIDEO_TS folder and use that? A friend asked me to download this program(
    Code:
    http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/plex-dvd.html
    ) while I hev nno idea, anybody uses it? any idea? thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Denextel View Post
    well, I am not sure is it appropriate to ask my problem, but I found rare threads about Plex, so, if disturbing, please forgive me. What the easiest, quickest way would be to get 800-900 DVD's ripped and put into some format so I can share them into Plex? I am running a PC and a MAC, Which file extension am I aiming for? AVI? MKV? Is there a way to just drag off the VIDEO_TS folder and use that? A friend asked me to download this program(
    Code:
    http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/plex-dvd.html
    ) while I hev nno idea, anybody uses it? any idea? thanks
    Mkv h265 depending on if you have the hardware to play it back. you may be better to just download the already converted files instead. been a long time since i rip a dvd but it took at least 10 mins. 800 * 10 = 133 hours

Quote Originally Posted by zoro25 View Post
    It's a Plex client as far as I can tell,

what we really are missing is a Plex server for the VU+ / Enigma 2 boxes.

I'm running a DUO2 which is more than capable to run either a Plex or a full XMBC server.

It's a shame that all we have the DreamPlex client. (which by the way is very outdated in your plugins, please update it.)

**TSMedia is very good as a stand-in , however it can't compare to the support given to either Plex or XBMC (Plex is just a Fork from XMBC)
    I thought the dreamplex plugin development has stopped. that may be why it is outdated

Also IPTVPlayer is far better than tsmedia

BTW plex is available for the PS3 and PS4 also
    Last edited by Alankellyeire; 04-01-18 at 17:28.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Plex has announced the official release of its Plex for Xbox One, the first updated personal media app for the next-gen consoles.
    In addition, there is a a Plex for Xbox 360, although it is not available today but should be "soon." Plex is software that allows the streaming of videos, music and photos to a wide range of devices and is compatible with Mac, Windows 8, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, many popular NAS devices, and others.

Plex CPO Scott Olechowski says the Xbox One platform was the most requested by fans of the service: "Plex for Xbox is an exciting milestone in our continued effort to help people enjoy their personal media, wherever they happen to keep it, on all of their screens. It also happens to be the platform most requested by Plex enthusiasts, and we have worked hard to design an experience that will delight them and Xbox fans alike."

For current Plex Pass subscribers, the apps are free but they will be available to non-subscribers for a one-time purchase price, likely at $9.99.

A few of the key features:

Your Plex Media Server makes your media library look beautiful by automatically collecting and displaying artwork, content ratings, plot summaries, and more for your media. Now, Plex for Xbox provides a new experience in your living room with a bold presentation that feels right at home on Xbox.

Media Discovery
    Plex for Xbox introduces new media discovery capabilities to the Plex experience. Plex users will now be presented with customized categories of content based on viewing habits. These customized categories will make it easy to discover new content, enjoy similar content (for example, based on genre or cast) and rediscover content that has not been viewed for a while.

Plex for Xbox also includes fan favorites like On Deck, which keeps track of shows you're currently watching, allows you to easily continue watching where you left off, and automatically suggests next episodes.

Voice & Gesture Control
    Plex for Xbox, combined with Kinect, supports voice and gesture control, allowing users to navigate their Plex media library, view content, and control playback without picking up an Xbox controller.

Code:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2014/10/08/plex-is-now-officially-available-for-microsoft-xbox-one

Didn't know about it. Good to know. Can you please share it's reviews and How to use Plex DVR with Xbox One?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    …. posted nearly 4 years ago.