Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: PlayStation Home shuttering in March

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

PlayStation Home shuttering in March

Sony has announced that its PlayStation Home service will be shuttering in March.
    Says the company: "Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12. Gamers in Europe, the US and Canada will be able to download content until December 3. As a token of our tremendous gratitude to the community, we will also be releasing a series of free content prior to the platform's closure on March 31, 2015."

Home is a virtual 3D social gaming platform that allows you to create your own avatar/sim which has its own apartment that you can furnish and fix up. You can travel the world which was updated by Sony and partners. The open areas had ads from the companies.

Unfortunately, if you spent money on Home, you will not get any refunds. "Due to the progressive and innovative nature of the gaming industry, PlayStation is unable to refund on legacy platform or service experiences," added Sony.

Source:
    Sony

Code:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2014/09/28/playstation-home-shuttering-in-march
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Played it a couple of times in 2006 when it 1st came out, doubt I looked at it for more than 10 mins in the next 8 years.