Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vu solo2 streaming problem

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

vu solo2 streaming problem

Hi
    Sorry if i made this thread in the wrong section but i need some help here
    I have the Vu solo2, and i just upgraded to the latest vix (appollo 037). I did this because i wanted to set up my transcoding feature which i coudnt do on my old vix image 3.0 (796). I have sorted out my transcoding feature but i seem to have a problem when im streaming from the VU app. I can only stream if the box is on that channel at that time, otherwise i just get a blank screen. So if some1 is watching sky sports 1 and i want to stream sky sports 2 on my tablet, it doesnt work. Unless i set one of the channels to record and then it works. I do not understand why this is the case, i have a twin tuner and so my tablet should be able to watch a separate channel from what the box is watching.
    Does any1 have any solutions?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just something else i found, i can stream a non-encrypted channel fine but not an encypted one,
    Could this be my softcam manager?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Upgrade to cccam 2.3.0 I believe.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes i am on that current ccam. I still cannot stream another channel from whtever channel my box is on

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    do you also have 2 separate cable for your 2 tuner? Have you configured the VU App that you have a box with more then 1 tuner?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure which app you're using on your tablet for streaming, but Blackbox Pro has an option to change Zap Mode to Multituner. This allows you to watch one channel on your TV and stream another to your iTablet / iPhone.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes i have definetley ticked multi tuner. I mean it was working fine when i was on openvix 796 and openvix zues. I could stream with my phone while my box was on standy mode. Now i have to make sure the box is on that corrrect channel and then it would work. Or i have to make sure that the channel i want to stream is being recorded.
    It is very strange because Im using the latest apollo and i seem to be using the multi twin feature. Its just that i may want to watch sky sports 1 for example on my tv and stream sky sports 2 on my phone or tablet, but for some reason i get a blank screen on my phone or tablet.
    But it worked fine for the previos images. All my settings are correct

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Anyone else streaming from the box?

Title
    Thanks
    Which streaming app are you using? I'm running Blackbox Pro 2.9.0 and it's working fine with a Duo2 on Vix Apollo 37.

I've also just downloaded the free VU+ Player app (V1.4) and it also seems to work fine - although this is quite an old app, and I'm not sure if it works with the transcoding. I seem to get some skipping on HD channels.

*Update - just noticed there is also a free VU+ PlayerHD app (v1.1.1) which supports transcoding and the newer VU+ boxes. I've also downloaded this app, and it seems to work ok with my Duo2. I did have to switch the 'No zap before streaming / Multi-tuner' to on (darker grey) before it would work without switching the TV channel at the same time, though.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chaser View Post
    Which streaming app are you using? I'm running Blackbox Pro 2.9.0 and it's working fine with a Duo2 on Vix Apollo 37.

I've also just downloaded the free VU+ Player app (V1.4) and it also seems to work fine - although this is quite an old app, and I'm not sure if it works with the transcoding. I seem to get some skipping on HD channels.

*Update - just noticed there is also a free VU+ PlayerHD app (v1.1.1) which supports transcoding and the newer VU+ boxes. I've also downloaded this app, and it seems to work ok with my Duo2. I did have to switch the 'No zap before streaming / Multi-tuner' to on (darker grey) before it would work without switching the TV channel at the same time, though.
    Hi

Ok this may be a bit confusing. I am trying to steam using the Vu+ player app. When i was on the old openvix 796. I was able to stream any channel from the wifi regardless what my box is doing. Even if it was in Standby mode, it can still stream fine. I am talking about streaming from the app, not transcoding. Now, i have upgraded to the latest appollo (037) because transcoding was not working on the old openvix firmware. Now the problem is that when i try to stream using the app i get a blank screen. Unless the box is on that current channel or that the channel i want to stream is being recorded. Also, it is only for an encypted channel too. On the old openvix, i can stream regardless what channel my box was on.

Does that make more sense.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated .
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if any1 has an android and is on appolo image, can you just check if your're streaming function works. The rec icon should pop up on the box when you start to stream but it is not working for me. It worked on the old images.
    Any1??

Title
    Thanks
    what's your tuner configuration are like (menu -> setup -> service searching -> tuner configuration). Tuner B should be "Equal to Tuner A". I'm using dreamdroid on phone + tablet.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have the same issue with a Duo2 (see my post) are you having the same issue with PIP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    @ Joysleep1

Ive now got exactly the same problem, all worked fine on previous images before Apollo,

Thought it was me, going mad!!!

Hopefully the team can fix it again in the next update?
    Last edited by jools2001; 01-10-14 at 21:43.

Title
    Thanks
    same here on build 41 on a solo2,, go to web info,, click on right tele,, nothing shows on PC, but it shows as recording on the solo2 box.. any ideas please, cheers satcat

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast