Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    On my solo2, I've just looked at the entry in that file and it contains gateway address for my router - not any external DNS addresses.

Maybe because it's VM!?!?

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    I have been using it for a year with no problems

Thanks

Question

Hi folks,

Is there any way to restrict internet traffic thru the OpenVPN?

By this way, the Box only have internet traffic if OpenVPN is UP. That's for when VPN is down, it will cut the internet traffic.

That's what i want......

How can we do this?

Regards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fp2979 View Post
    same issue with virgin superhub 3 ....... got it working and resolved, all the previous tuts are correct one thing they didn't mention or wasn't a issue

etc/resolv.conf file

edited that to dns server
    defualt

nameserver 192.168.4.100
    nameserver 192.168.8.100

needs to be changed .......

to open dns addresses

works
    I use Plusnet fibre so the router (think they call it a HUB2) has its own built in DNS servers already setup.

I change the resolv.conf do use my VPN's DNS server locations but every time i restart the openvpn on the VU+ solo2 box the resolv.conf changes back to its default state.

Bit of a pain keep going into the file and re writing it every time i use it.

Is there any way round this please?

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hasafly View Post
    Hi folks,

Is there any way to restrict internet traffic thru the OpenVPN?

By this way, the Box only have internet traffic if OpenVPN is UP. That's for when VPN is down, it will cut the internet traffic.

That's what i want......

How can we do this?

Regards
    Unless you can put a line in conf file i dont think you can do it in openvpn.
    On Merlin software on router you can select to Block routed clients if tunnel goes down

Forum Supporter
    Donated Member

Thanks
    For background: I have managed to get openvpn working many times using the long winded guide in here (editing files individually and generating my own keys) and without a PIA agent (i.e. using a private dyndns address).

I've recently signed up to IPVanish and wanted to try and use OpenVPN with IPVanish. I have attempted to follow this guide but the default files from IPvanish don't include a .pem file. The .crt and a selection of OVPN files but no .pem. Can I get one from elsewhere or is this unique to the PIA.
    Twin feed Vu+Solo2/1.2Mmotoriseddish/Technomate2600/32MbInternet/PannyGT50/HarmonyOne
    Firmware version: OpenVix 5.1.019 Driver date: 20180220 Kernel version: 3.13.5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345