Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Removing Movie Paths

Title
    Thanks

Removing Movie Paths

Hi, I would like to remove some locations that seem to be set as default in the movie path menu. When you press the media button and press the yellow button (Location) I have the following options -

1 (other)
    2 /media/hdd/recordings (set by myself)
    3 Toshiba MK**** (HDD Root)
    4 PC (deleted mapped PC which isnt in the mounts sub menus anymore)
    5 PC (current mapped PC
    6 /media/hdd/movie (folder already deleted)

I would like to remove 4 & 6 from this menu if possible, is there a way to do this?

Also how would I add custom locations to this list?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone know how to do this?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I need to know the answer to this question too. Does anymore know?

Thanks!!

Title
    Thanks
    Same here, even if it is other objects, Thank you!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I asked this same question over a week ago and got no answer, so what I ended up doing was going back to a preious image that didn't have those paths and mounted what I wanted.
    I did try to delete via 'my network places' on my pc but kept saying i didn't have access. . mine came about as there was an invalid file path

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mavarick For This Useful Post:

widar (09-03-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had this problem a while ago so I am a biz hazy how I did it. I think it was something to do with 'making' a bookmark. I believe that I highlighted the path and pressed 'add' bookmark. I know it sounds odd but it had the desired effect off removing the path.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Access list of recordings, yellow button for location, select "other". You will have bookmarks listed. Select the one you don't want. You will notice that the blue button is called "remove bookmark". Press it to remove the unwanted bookmark.

If you wnt to add, press menu, switch to file list, you can then add the bookmarks you want.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

pac2000 (09-03-15)

Title
    Thanks
    My issue is trying to remove network mounts that don't work. I have a few that need clearing but can't seem to do this.

Can anyone help?

Title
    Thanks
    Try this, ftp into your stb, go to etc folder, and auto.network file, open it and delete unwanted lines, or all, and restart the STB, that should move the mounts.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by widar View Post
    Try this, ftp into your stb, go to etc folder, and auto.network file, open it and delete unwanted lines, or all, and restart the STB, that should move the mounts.
    It's best to place the receiver into sleep mode before editing or modifying any live files, especially those in the /etc/ folder, otherwise you run a very high probability that the data you deleted or modified will be regenerated when the receiver reboots with the data currently held in the cache. if you place enigma to sleep first that simply wont happen. The same applies to transferring channel lists or bouquets to or from the receiver too.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

jtrus (15-03-15),Valiant (06-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    this old post just relieved weeks of frustration with trying to remove unwanted mounts from my listings. Thank you!