Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deep Standby

Title
    Thanks
    I just done the deep sleep record. It all worked well recorded the program of the sky scrambled channel no problem as long as I had the 15 min window.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    So far one reply with someone with the same box and same VIX image. From entering to exiting deep standby 1 minute - with no problems.
    A second reply - blue light on to exiting deep standby = 15 seconds and with internal hard disk and Ethernet working OK afterwards.

Title
    Thanks
    Then I may have a problem with my box if others are getting instant bootup. I will still be contacting WOS on Tuesday anyway to find out whats happening here.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update but not a lot to report.

Box returned to WOS (after getting a return number) and was received by them Monday morning

Box expected back tomorrow (Wednesday) with a replacement power supply board.

WOS sent 3 emails, acknowledged receipt of box, said they were testing it and a tracking number for return.

If I get the box back as expected I'll report on the operation of Deep Standby tomorrow evening

Title
    Thanks
    Hope all working well once on its return,

I got a reply back of Miraclebox and they are saying its a driver fault and should be sorted in the new bootloader release coming shortly. Mind still won't boot within 10 minutes so see what your's is like once you get it back. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Title
    Thanks
    My MiracleBox Premium Twin HD won't boot after 20 minutes of deep sleep. Booting always succeeds after 60 minutes of deep sleep. I have not tried any values in between.

Leader: please tell us whom you have contacted at Miraclebox and what exactly have they said concerning the driver / bootloader fix? How soon can we expect this fix and where
    will it be available for downloading?

Is it plausible that this would be a software issue after all and not a hardware issue?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    My box is back from WOS

It's still faulty. Nothing has changed! Obviously they haven't tested the so called repair (a claimed change of power supply).

I haven't bothered opening up the box to fit a hard disk but the boot log is still corrupted and the Network connection broken.

I have already confirmed that the behaviour of my box with regard Deep Standby is completely different to that of others, one of which was delivered in the same week with the same VIX image.

Less than 2 minutes in deep standby and the box will not boot at all
    30 minutes in deep standby and the box will boot with a corrupt boot log and a broken network connection

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by georged View Post
    Is it plausible that this would be a software issue after all and not a hardware issue?
    If its a software issue why do two boxes of the same specification running the same VIX image and delivered within days of each other (my box and that of a fellow contributer to another forum) behave so differently coming out of deep standby? My box has faulty behaviour, his box works as I would expect by coming out of deep standby correctly after 1 minute.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've just had a phone call from WOS
    They saw the non-booting/standby on my box when they first tested it.
    After a replacement PSU the fault went away.
    On return back to me the same fault - so possibly an intermittent fault/loose or faulty connection.
    The box is on its way back to WOS this sfternoon

Title
    Thanks
    I think its a bit of both software and hardware, but just can't put a finger on it. the message I got of Miraclebox was short and sweet as they didn't reply to my first email I sent them a bit more of a pushy one which they replied too. here's a copy of it.

A bit of a weird company they have No contact tel number or address anywhere, looked all over the web can't find nothing.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the mail. It seems to be an issue with the drivers that is hopefully solved. Please just await the newer softwares and it will work.

Thanks.

Med vänlig hälsning/Best regards,
    Supporten Miraclebox

Like I said short and sweet.
    Last edited by Leader; 17-09-14 at 16:59.

Title
    Thanks
    Am not convinced its a software fault. if it was it would be happening to more boxes and it would follow the same routine. it to varied so it must be hardware. maybe faulty parts bad batch. looking in the boxes there only 2 main boards. so there not that much fault finding needed really.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Just back from holidays

Anyway, tested my MB Twin this morning. Put it into deep standby, drive spins down, video image off and blue LED illuminates. Pressed power button on remote control immediately and box reboots fine. No issue whatsoever with start up from deep standby irrespective of duration. Box was recording various programmes every day over the week I was away and going into and out of deep standby each time. No recordings missed. I'm on the standard ViX release 030 and have whatever bootloader was in the box when supplied. I've never seen a download link for the MB Twin bootloader in any case.

I can only think that there is a component fault in the PSU of affected boxes.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I can only think that there is a component fault in the PSU of affected boxes.
    My one has had 2 PSUs - same fault with both.

Title
    Thanks
    It must be a hardware fault then, we are all on the same bootloader, The Vix image shouldn't make much difference from image numbers. I think I was on 030 or 032 when I did the test. and as Tony as said his boots straight away there maybe something different on manufacture or just bad parts. The thing is if it was a PSU it would still reacted the same way from a full power off or deep sleep, if a psu is not producing enough watts then it wouldn't boot from a fresh start either. it could be a dicky capacitor or something. But has the box is still under 2yr guarantee then we can only deal with it by sending then back for repair or replacement.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Update: 26th Sep 14
    WOS replaced the box with another unit. I have it on for around half an hour (with a minimal setup/configure) and deep standby on this box appears to be working. I can switch the box into deep standby and switch it back on 30 seconds after the blue LED comes on with it booting without problems - and with the hard disk and network working.

I would suggest a box that requires it to be in deep standby for 10+ minutes before it will correctly start up again is faulty.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (26-09-14),Mythtvconvert (26-10-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12