Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transcoding on the Xpeed LX3

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

I've tried to test transcoding with the VU Plus app on android and its not working for me. All it says is that it does not does not recognise the receiver type. I'm using 8001 as the transcoding port and have also tried with blackbox on my iPad. When transcoding is ticked, I just get a black screen. As soon as I unticked transcoding, streaming started to work. I'll try flashing from scratch rather than from upgrade and see if its any better. Has anyone managed to get transcoding working via this box with an android device?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supathug View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've tried to test transcoding with the VU Plus app on android and its not working for me. All it says is that it does not does not recognise the receiver type. I'm using 8001 as the transcoding port and have also tried with blackbox on my iPad. When transcoding is ticked, I just get a black screen. As soon as I unticked transcoding, streaming started to work. I'll try flashing from scratch rather than from upgrade and see if its any better. Has anyone managed to get transcoding working via this box with an android device?
    Android you will need to use Dreamdroid and VLC.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks

Transcoding on the Xpeed LX3

Hello

I had nothing but problems with transcoding since Apollo 24 (roughly) when it changed from Transcoding to Multi-Transcoding and from vu+ type of transcoding to X-Trend type. I have been waiting patiently for improvements but we are now in Apollo 37 and the problems are still there.

The problems are:
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not work (combination of usage from PC and IOS with webif or apps). When it does work the quality is very bad compared to what it used to be.

For example on my iPhone 5 the picture was nearly perfect with a bitrate of 1000-1200. Now it needs 2000-2500 and still it is not as good as it used to be.

Also it has serious issues coping with motion, I am watching a lot of transcoded football and the experience is a bad one. Picture is nowhere near as sharp as it used to be, it breaks a lot and gets heavily pixelated with motion. Having in mind that a few weeks ago it was working so much better in every level it seems that we had a major major step backwards on a feature that was the main reason I have bought this particular receiver for.

Can somebody tell me when are these issues estimated to be alleviated?
    Can somebody tell me why it was decided to follow this different route (Multi-Transcoding, x-trend type, port 8001) when the results are clearly so much worse than they used to be?

Thank you in advance for your answers and apologies if I sound ungrateful or pushy, this whole thing has greatly deteriorated my experience and usage of the LX3.
    Last edited by gvsb; 21-09-14 at 09:06.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The transcoding plugin is closed source and heavily licensed towards specific manufacturers, so for example we can not legally include the Vu+ transcoding plugin in the image for any receiver but Vu+ branded receivers and the same is true for all other manufacturers. For a receiver to have transcoding support it has to come from the manufacturer, it is not something we can do without them.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the quick reply, it explains a lot.

Is there a estimation on when it is expected for the GI developers to come up with a better solution on this particular matter?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gvsb View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, it explains a lot.

Is there a estimation on when it is expected for the GI developers to come up with a better solution on this particular matter?
    No idea to be honest, I dont have a Xpeed receiver my self so don't tend to keep as updated on their development as I would with say a Vu+ or a Technomate.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello

There have been now several image updates (i'm on Apollo 40) and there has been no improvements on the Multi-Transcoding plugin.

My main issues are as follows:

1. It does not work from a browser on a PC using webif. (normal streaming does work)
    2. it does work (sometimes) from a browser on IOS using webif but it normally needs a few tries to maybe start working. Aslo normal streaming does not work at all.
    3. It can not transcode recordings.
    3. when i change bitrate form webif the next time i go back to has reverted back to 10000Kbits (the lowest) setting.
    4. quality of the transcoded stream has gone down a lot.

In general the multi-transcoding plugin is flaky, unreliable and drives me bonkers.

Is there a way i can revert back to the old transcoding plugin until the multi-transcoding plugin (hopefully) gets sorted out?

Somebody said i could install Apollo 24 copy the transcoding folder from "root\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins " then install Apollo 40, uninstall the muti-transcoding plugin and copy the old transcoding folder to the same location. Will that work? if not can somebody send me the .ipk file for the old transcoding plugin?

Finally will the old transcoding plugin work on Apollo 32 and later?

Thanks

Now relax, calm down and breath...

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gvsb View Post
    3. when i change bitrate form webif the next time i go back to has reverted back to 10000Kbits (the lowest) setting.
    small correction on my previous post, 100.000 bits the lowest setting

Title
    Thanks
    On Apollo 41 now, all the issues are still there

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I know the team was working on possibly introducing the possibility to change the trancoding port. Hopefully something will be developed soon.

But i can say that i am finding the current setup a bit hit and miss...Having said that it did transcode well whilst i was out in Tunisia. A few glitches but worked well when it was working.
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Just curious to know if this ever got sorted on any of the new builds.

I was going to try it myself this weekend

Title
    Thanks
    I am still having problems with this. Works kind of ok over Lan, but as soon as I try whilst out and about over 3G, 4G or wifi, it just stutters. Get same result using webif or blackbox (ios) or android apps. Have tried different settings but always the same stutter.
    It used to work fine before the multitranscoding plugin :-(

Steve.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have managed to get it working ok over 4G using blackbox. Infact it was transcoding pretty well.

Granted it can still be hit and miss sometimes...but i find if you toggle 'Transcode' off and then back on....it starts streaming.
    Setup: Vu+ Duo, Orbital 90cm Dish, Technomate TM2600 Motor, Inverto twin LNB

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite HERE

Title
    Thanks

Transcoding on the Xpeed LX3

What I find is that it takes a few tries to getting going sometimes, when it gets going is okish.
    So on a browser I have to click on the little transcoding icon next to the channel name on the web interface several times.

On Blackbox for iOS I have to press on the little refresh icon every few seconds to get it to start working.

Also I find that with Blackbox in order to work without breaking over 3G and 4G it's better to put 7000 or 10,000 milliseconds worth of cache in the settings so it buffers the stream.

Any news on the development of the plugin??????
    It seems abandoned and left on semi functional state, huge disappointment for us that purchased this receiver considering this as a killer feature.
    Last edited by gvsb; 23-11-14 at 10:39.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gvsb For This Useful Post:

csm7djs (26-01-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Did this ever get resolved or is it still an issue on the LX3 please?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast