Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hdd stopping box from booting

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Hdd stopping box from booting

Hi,
    I got a new tm nano 2t today. I put the internal hdd in it and turned it on but it failed to boot. I unplugged the hdd and it booted up straight away. I stuck in the new bootloaders and flashed latest apollo, reconnected hdd but same problem. The box will boot with either lead of the hdd connected but not both. I tried a different hdd but got the same result. I have just checked the hdd's by plugging them into my computer and it looks like they are both fried. Has anyone come across this?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,
    After a little investigation I have found reversed polarity on the supply to the hdd. This is either on the mother board or on the lead that was supplied with the box. Just a heads up to anyone fitting their own hdd, check polarity first, I certainly will in future

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busterroo View Post
    Hi,
    After a little investigation I have found reversed polarity on the supply to the hdd. This is either on the mother board or on the lead that was supplied with the box. Just a heads up to anyone fitting their own hdd, check polarity first, I certainly will in future
    In this case it would be prudent to contact Technomate directly especially if it has physically damaged your hard discs.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Busterroo (06-08-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I suppose that it is something we all take for granted when buying a new receiver and we presume that everything will fit correctly, I would not have checked the connection leads as I would have thought that every thing was fit for purpose, and like pheonix suggests you have a good case for complaint

komplekt_1.jpg 3zuv.jpg

I would not know if these where wired up correctly and in your case probably the Motherboard connector

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    In this case it would be prudent to contact Technomate directly especially if it has physically damaged your hard discs.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
    I've already returned the box to the dealer and explained what happened. I'm expecting a call presently, hopefully I wont be needing to contact Technomate or my solicitor. I'll keep this thread updated as to how I'm getting on.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would not know if these where wired up correctly and in your case probably the Motherboard connector[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if the motherboard is the problem yes, the power supply lead to the hdd is the most likely flaw.

Title
    Thanks
    How did you get on with this?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by intrigue View Post
    How did you get on with this?
    Well, its now been over 4 months since I had this problem and here is my latest status update. I contacted Technomate as advised in August and was told it could not possibly be their problem so I sent them the faulty lead and the two damaged hdd's and after inspection they called me back and agreed to replace the HDD's and the faulty lead. Last month they finally sent me 2 brand new 500gb HDD's not the 1TB ones their faulty product had destroyed so I promptly sent them back and am still awaiting my replacement HDD's. I cant help but feel if I had dealt with WOS instead of my supplier in Ireland my problem would have been solved by now. My frustration is however mainly directed at Technomate, this could have been a good story about how Technomate after realizing an error rectified it quickly instead of reluctantly admitting they were wrong and then making me wait for ever before they fix it. I am annoyed and disappointed in TM and still waiting.....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Finally got my replacement 1tb HDD's off Technomate today after waiting almost 5 months. Never again.