Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Samsung EVO 840

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts

Samsung EVO 840

Tried to install this on a I7 running on a Asus P6T Se on bios 908.

I enabled AHCI in the bios but the drive was not recognised on boot up. Swapped the power and SATA cable to one that were working still no joy. Swapped them back to the HDD and that booted just fine.

I have also changed the registry to enable AHCI for windows as that was preventing the system from booting up.

Any ideas what's the issue, changed the drive and cannot see anything on it that I could change.

The cables are 110% working

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem with my Samsung ssd when installing a new mobo. If you have a secondary drive that is on sata channel 2 when the ssd is a boot drive with the OS on sata channel 1 then secondary drive must be formatted after setting bios to AHCI for windows to recognize it.

For me the only way to get it to work was to format the secondary drive and run the ssd as OS drive. Also check the sat cables...mine were very brittle and i reckon the one supplied with the ssd drive snapped inside when installing into my mobo
    Vu solo 2 motorised running vix ( always latest build).
    Vu zero as a client using ChannelsImporter from solo 2 running VIX ( always latest build) . Abm, xmltv impoter for epg

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have done that mate, its set to ACHI on sata one but its been picked up on the splash screen or in the bios when I enter it.

Checked the cable and swapped them around and they work fine.

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    Boot into bios and disable secure boot.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Both drives need to be set to AHCI when I did mine as far as I can remember.
    Vu zero as a client using ChannelsImporter from solo 2 running VIX ( always latest build) . Abm, xmltv impoter for epg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Did you try boot order or priority? Ssd as first boot the The secondary then dvd drive if fitted. To load an Os you will need dvd as first boot then set ssd as first boot after installation.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's just not been recognised to set up boot order.

Had enough frustration for today, need to stop or will need a new pc

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you tried another sata channel on the mobo with just the ssd on its own? ... No other sata devices connected. Then see if it's recognised by bios. Try all sata connection on mobo to be sure.
    My older pc has a dud sata connection on the mobo, apparently very delicate on Asus and gigabyte boards.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Am all sorted.

Replicated everything again and edited the regedit again even though it was on zero and same cables, its all up and running now.

Gonna try and clone old HDD, fun and games - hope not

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter

Title
    Thanks
    went through the same nightmare when I changed to ahci I just got a re-accuring message no boot manager installed

messed about with the bios unplugged all other hdd and make first bootable the evo

then it wouldn't recognise the dvd drive so another hour messing about looking for solutions in the end I disconnected it
    rebooted connected again and windows found new hardware and and re-installed drivers

not the smooth process that I was expecting

but WOW what a difference it makes well worth the hassle

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There is also a registry setting you need to enable in windows otherwise it will not recognise the HDD.

Sure does mine went from 16 to 180, boot is so much quicker

D I S C L A I M E R

Follow us on Twitter