Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Parking Wardens

Title
    Thanks

Parking Wardens

I recently did some work for my local Citizens Advice Burea. I used the parking right outside their new building which is 30 minutes parking instead of parking on the pavement near he side entrance. The manager even printed a nice sign out for me to stick in my window saying that if there is any problems please just come in the Cab office and they will get me to move or whatever.
    Low and behold I came out after 30 minutes to get some stuff out the van and there is a parking ticket stuck over the notice.
    I know there are regulations but that's just taking the piss.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Common sense and parking wardens do not go hand in hand.

Your only option is to appeal but only if there is option for tradesman to park longer.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    You're right there Stanman they dont have any common sense. I am going to appeal it. Thanks for that info will have a look to see if they have anything about Trades people on there.

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    This may help

HTML Code:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/parking-ticket-appeals
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/
    HTML Code:
    http://www.appealnow.com/
    I am all for parking enforcement as I have seen some right dick parking but its the lack of discretion of their decisions that annoys me.

I got a parking ticket as the permit was not displayed. I appealed and you would think discretion would be used but hell no, I appealed and won not on any of my arguments but because their ticket was defective and has been for a long time and they never bothered to change it luckily for me the adjudicator was the one who had originally ruled on the defect - funnily enough they did not bother to turn up to the hearing

Imagine all the people who had already paid up!

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. You are right that there are people parking like idiots who deserve penalty notices.
    9 times out of 10 people don't even bother appealing and just pay up, it's a shame really because a lot of those would be reversed.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have had a few of them of the years mainly working in city centres where i have over stayed the allotted time , although i have put a notice in the windscreen gas engineer working on a gas leak please call , this does not wash with them anymore they just ticketed you but i have appealed against them and won because i could prove what i was doing with the job sheet so it is always worth appealing if you a working in city centres . i remember a tail when i was with a firm , one of the guys working with us got clamped down in London somewhere just as he was retuning from a job with hand tools in hand he was asked if it was his van and no its the companies and was asked are you going to pay for it to be released and he said no , he opened up the side door got his remaining tools out of the van and told you can have the van i am off and went home , the firm had to pay for the van to get it back it was in the days of them vicious clampers who charged what they liked, the guy did not work for the firm for very long after .
    Vu + Duo , 1.5tb hard drive installed , 1.2 channel master dish , 1224 jagger motor , alsat g box , quad lmb prime focus , diablo cam 2.3 , diablo wi-fi cam, te-rex cam, dragon cam, cas 3 , technomate 6900 super stb , manhattan stb

Title
    Thanks
    I've got off with a few of them over the years by appealing them, claiming that I was making a delivery to site and got held up by security. I'm a real scatterbrain and often forget to top up the meter I once seen the warden writing up a ticket at my van so I run across to him and said I was just coming back to topup. I showed him all the tickets I had in my van that showed I paid all week and fair do's to the lad he ripped up the ticket and made a phone call to cancel it. Same thing happened again only this time I had topped up the ticket but stopped to talk to someone and by the time I got to the van the warden was taking photos and told me there was no way of cancelling it but an appeal would work. I didn't appeal it, I got the warning letter then the fine and an increased then finally a letter saying that the van would be clapped/towed so I called and told them and the woman said she could she all the tickets in my windscreen from the photos and agreed to remove the clapping order if I sent in the ticket for proof, I said I wanted them to send me the price of a stamp and I give them the ticket. Tbf she was a nice woman and we had a bit of a laugh about it and she cancelled the fine. They aren't all bad

Title
    Thanks
    Pepipoo is usually pretty good. Might also want to try http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/

Good luck!