Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Stuck on booting

Title
    Thanks

Stuck on booting

Hi, having problems after running a software update. Have tried different usb's/images/new bootloaders/old bootloaders/official firmware but get nothing but BOOTING on front display. I see there's a few others having the same issue. Have searched for recovery F/w but can't find anything. I'm quite happy to connect using RS232 but I don't want to use Dreamup in case I seriously brick the box! Also I can't seem to find a guide for flashing a Miraclebox Mini using RS232. Any solutions/advice would be greatly appreciated! The receiver wasn't flashed with a VIX image it was ATV 4.1.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    How to flash guide http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...0Mini%20HD.pdf

1) Flash this bootloader http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...-Premium-Mini/
    2) IMPORTANT, when the front VFS says booting, WAIT 10 seconds then power off.
    3) Flash the latest ViX image here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...raclebox-Mini/ or latest ATV image.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mabozza (27-07-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Sicillian, thanks for the reply! Tried to flash latest boot loader but still get same issue, waited 10 secs as well, no change! I tried everything yesterday, normally I can get it sorted no worries but this time I think the flash may be corrupt. Is there a recovery process other than re flashing boot loader? I've re formatted every usb drive (mainly knigston) I have, but still nothing.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    1) Flash this bootloader http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...-Premium-Mini/
    2) IMPORTANT, when the front VFS says booting, WAIT 10 seconds then power off.
    3) Flash the latest ViX image here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/en...raclebox-Mini/

USE REAR USB PORT.
    USE A MAX 8GB USB STICK.
    FORMAT USB STICK FAT32.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I always use rear port to flash as its the main port! Have tried 4gb & 8gb it won't flash at all, I've tried every Miracle box mini image (Vix/atv/opendroid/openmb) the receiver just will not respond. I think my next & best move is contact the sponsor & get it back to them to check it. I appreciate your advice & have followed it but I know when to quit with something that can't be fixed with a re flash. Thanks again!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mabozza View Post
    I always use rear port to flash as its the main port! Have tried 4gb & 8gb it won't flash at all, I've tried every Miracle box mini image (Vix/atv/opendroid/openmb) the receiver just will not respond. I think my next & best move is contact the sponsor & get it back to them to check it. I appreciate your advice & have followed it but I know when to quit with something that can't be fixed with a re flash. Thanks again!
    Have you read this thread? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-29-25-05-2014

You cannot use ANY image, it MUST be Apollo 015 onwards, no idea which ATV image has kernel/drivers.

What exactly is happening?? Did the bootloader actaully flash?? What is scrolling on the VFD?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Sicillian, yes I did read the thread it was the first thing I did when I couldn't get it to flash & I followed the instructions to the letter!!! I didn't just use any image, I tried it with the vix image, I was merely stating I have tried all avenues that seem to be open & the receiver will not respond. The boot loader won't flash so regardless of the image I try to flash, the receiver won't read the usb! The VFD doesn't scroll it just stays on booting with the openatv logo on the tv screen, have been on the forums that support miraclebox but can't find a solution.

Title
    Thanks
    After some thinking I came to the conclusion the receiver needed to be flashed with the boot loader that was used when the image was flashed, so I downloaded the boot loader from the OpenAtv site & it worked first time!! I wasn't aware that boot loaders were different for each image, I assumed when the new boot loaders available for download on forums had the exact same file name & date that they were the same boot loader, clearly I was wrong! Everyday is a school day! So lesson here is download the boot loader from the site who made the image!

Title
    Thanks
    Bump this thread