Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HDMI extender over CAT6 with IR

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

HDMI extender over CAT6 with IR

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of renovating, and re-wiring my home.

I have planned to have a central hub room, where I will have my CAT6 returns, and TV returns. I currently own a Technomate TM-2T which is my main box and will be used in the living area.

My plan is to have a secondary E2 box located in the central hub room, that I could access remotely from other rooms, eg Kitchen, Bedroom etc without the need to have the box physically in that room.

I have come across this item below which I think may do my job , although I would need to buy a few of these unless I physically moved one of the units from the bedroom to the kitchen etc.

Code:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I0WHPXA/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics
    I had also seen an item below on the belkin website that claims to have 1 input and 4 output recievers, but I don't see this available to buy anywhere.

Code:
    https://www.belkin.com/digitalsignage/cat5e.aspx
    I was just wondering if anybody has a similar setup, or used any of the items above - or even has some alternate suggestions on how to setup the configuration.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I simply bought a second receiver for the bedroom and stream over ethernet.I use remote stream on the second box.(and further boxes)
    I have an expensive vu+ duo2 with 4 tuners as master in the livingroom.The other boxes are connected trough wireless 130 Mb or cat5 cable.They use the tuners from the master .I also do not need to install anything special to share my cards internally.I only have sat cables going to the masterbox.Easy is also that al recordings come on masterbox HDD and can be seen by everybody in the house.For the kitchen I use a wireless HDMI system where I can choose between sat or cable device.There I do not need a decoder.Only the receiver from the HDMI WL.All is working fine,even on HD 1080 p 3D.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (19-06-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks bellejt.

This is also an option, as my cabling would allow this no problem. It would mean buying an extra box for each additional room, and one of my main reasons for wanting the hdmi extender was so that I could just hang a tv on the wall, and not need to have a box beside it on a shelf, as the space is limited.

Title
    Thanks
    then your also limited in viewing the same program as on main site (decoder).There are very small (and cheap) Enigma2 receivers on the market who can even be hidden behind the TV.I bought a optimuss OS1 as second box.Maybe a minibox will work.Just do a google surch or in the store from the sponsor here and ask the questions on the board.You will receive many help here and good prices.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    A centralised distro is always the best bet when wanting multiple displays/sources.
    As long as you have the cabling in place and sometimes dont mind spending a bit extra on equipment it will give you more flexibilty!! in theory

Neet also do a 4x2 hdmi splitter/switch which is supposedly ok if you want more than 1 source.

Cheers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Donkeyface For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (13-08-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @Donkeyface - do you any further info o the centralised distro?

I purchased the two links which I mentioned in my original post - this will allow me to watch the box from the central hub room in the kitchen, as there is one input and one output extender supplied.

I had been thinking I will need to buy another input and output HDMI extender over CAT6 if I want to then watch the same box in the bedroom, and use a HDMI switch, as I don't see NEET selling just the output extender seperately.

I woud need to have a think on how the 4 x 2 hdmi splitter/switch would fit in.

Title
    Thanks
    I use these in my house but no IR, just use my iphone when in another room

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Up-to-100m...item20ea10e03e

I have x1 transmitters and 2 receivers
    http://openvix.co.uk/stable.png
    ^^^^^ Current Status ^^^^^
    VIX - Quad Vu+ Ultimo
    IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

10. The Following User Says Thank You to s31teg For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (13-08-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've been working on this to fulfil a similar purpose.
    http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/07/22/my...-smart-tv-app/

It's nearly complete and tested on 2 different version Samsung smart TVs!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pembo For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (13-09-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pembo View Post
    I've been working on this to fulfil a similar purpose.
    http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/07/22/my...-smart-tv-app/

It's nearly complete and tested on 2 different version Samsung smart TVs!
    looks good, would be amazing if you could make it work with one of them hdmi android sticks then the masses would use it instead of only users with capable tv's......
    http://openvix.co.uk/stable.png
    ^^^^^ Current Status ^^^^^
    VIX - Quad Vu+ Ultimo
    IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s31teg For This Useful Post:

matty_keane (13-09-14),pembo (15-09-14)