Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help needed reflashing.

Title
    Thanks

Help needed reflashing.

Hey guys I'm having problems trying to re-flash my box and was wondering if anyone could help. I'm currently running an old version of Openvix from about November 2012. When I try to update via the menus it always fails so I decided to wipe and re-flash but can't get it to work at all. I have put a new image on my formatted USB stick and when i boot up the box I get no prompt to flash, just the Openvix symbol appearing on the screen and the box doesn't load any further. Everything is definitely ok with the USB stick and image as I flashed a friends new box last week with no problems. It appears if it's a box that's never been flashed it works fine, but when trying to re-flash it won't work. Any ideas?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    not sure if it is working, but try to rename the flash file noforce into force.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterj View Post
    not sure if it is working, but try to rename the flash file noforce into force.
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I tried changing that file but it's made no difference. At this point I'd even be happy just to update Openvix but any time I try the servers are down for maintenance. I have a feeling I'm maybe getting that message cause my version is so out of date I need to re-flash to the latest version instead of just updating.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Correct. You can't update. You need to reflash.
    (I thought you couldn't reflash.)

Title
    Thanks
    Correct. You can't update. You need to reflash.
    (I thought you couldn't reflash.)
    I can't re-flash. Any time I put the USB stick into the front or back USB port it doesn't give me the option to hit ok, just comes up with "GIGABLUE PRESENTS" on the display and the Openvix logo on my TV. It stays like that until I remove the USB stick and then the UI loads. I was just saying that if there was any other way to update I'd do that rather than flashing. It's really frustrating not being able to update.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    and removing the file 'noforce'?

Title
    Thanks
    and removing the file 'noforce'?
    I tried deleting that file and am still getting the same results. I checked the info on the box and it says I'm running version 3.0, build 792 if that's any use?

Title
    Thanks
    try a diff usb stick I had sim prob today but was ok when I used a diff usb

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wrigley View Post
    try a diff usb stick I had sim prob today but was ok when I used a diff usb
    Finally got it working. Tried three different USB sticks with no luck. Finally formatted a micro SD card, stuck it in a USB holder and it worked on that. Many thanks to you both for all the help.