Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Getting dreambox remote to turn off tv.

Title
    Thanks

Getting dreambox remote to turn off tv.

Hi all im new to the forum.Got my dreambox yesterday its a dm800hdse.Ive been on several websites which explain how to sync dreambox controls to your tv however the instructions say press the tv mode once then hold the shift button for 3 seconds and it says your tv button should flash twice then when you enter your tv code it should flash twice after every number is put in.When i press my tv mode button then hold the shift button for the 3 seconds my tv button flashes once then the second time it just stays on then when i enter a code for my tv it just constantly flashes for about 20 seconds and afterwards the controls never work the tv ive also tried constantly pressing the tv mode button and on off buttons and also entered 777 as the code i get the feeling my remote is not accepting any codes as it only flashes once the tv mode button i mean then the second time it just stays on as ive said when i enter any code the tv mode button doesnt flash twice after i enter each digit it just flashes continuosly for about 20 seconds please can anyone help have spent hours trying this i just want to sync control so i can use 1 remote thanks in advance for any advice regards jeff ps technology and me dont mix

Title
    Thanks
    WOW!
    Code:
    TV-Mode setup
    With the Dreambox remote control you have the possibility to control the dreambox and your tv device
    with only one remote control. In order that your tv device reacts to the signals of the remote control, you
    have to program it before. Therefore a 3-digit Code from our tv code list has to be chosen and entered.
    The most recent device list can be found in the download center on our website.
    www dreambox de
    Programming the remote control
    Press the
    TV-Mode-Button
    once.
    Press the
    SHIFT/Setup-Button
    for 3 seconds, the
    TV-Mode-Button
    will flash twice.
    Use the
    Numeric-Keypad
    to enter the 3-digit Code into the remote control. The TV-Mode-Button
    will flash once for every digit you enter. Once you have entered the 3rd digit the TV-Mode-Button
    will flash twice. The remote control exits the programming mode automatically.
    If no code is entered within 10 seconds the remote control will exit the programming mode automati-
    cally.
    Now press the Mute- or Volume Button in order to check if the tv device responds to the just entered
    code. If there is no response, please try it with the next code from the list, according to the steps
    above.
    GigaBlue HD800UE OPENVIX HELIOS
    Xpeed LX2 HDF

Title
    Thanks
    ive tried this but as i said on my post my controler doesnt flash twice when i hold the shift button and also it doesnt flsh once after keys are entered.when i press my tv mode button it lights up when i hold the shift button for 3 seconds my tv button flashes once then stays on and when i enter 3 digits it constantly flashes for about twenty seconds then stops but it never works the tv