Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are autobouquets ?

Title
    Thanks

What are autobouquets ?

Hello everyone,

I think it would be a good idea to describe what autobouquets are and what they are used for. This way new comers like me can appreciate this section and know what the talk is about.

Thank you in advance

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    AutoBouquetsMaker and AutoBouquets are plugins which basically automate the process of building and maintaining a bouquet or channel list. Prior to these two plugins you would have had to make a full service scan then move the channels around to you'r liking, a process that could take several hours, or wait for some one else to do it for you, which could take days or weeks. AutoBouquetsMaker and AutoBouquets now do the same in a few minutes automatically.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Driftwood1212 (20-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your input phoenix. If I understand well autobouquet will maintain a channel list by adding or/and removing channels that are new/outdated. My questions are the following:

1/ Does autobouquet work only on predefined channel lists like vhannibal ? or does it work on any channel list, for example the one I have on my receiver after I did a full scan ?

2/How does the configuration of the plugin works ? do I need to just define the satellites I would like the autobouquet plugin to keep updated ? or does it work in some other way ?

3/ Do you think this is a must have plugin after I install my channel list ?

Thanks again.

Title
    Thanks
    Can someone please answer my questions

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Are you on ViX?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftwood1212 View Post
    Thanks for your input phoenix. If I understand well autobouquet will maintain a channel list by adding or/and removing channels that are new/outdated. My questions are the following:

1/ Does autobouquet work only on predefined channel lists like vhannibal ? or does it work on any channel list, for example the one I have on my receiver after I did a full scan ?
    ABM does not affect other channel lists other than position of them. You have the option to put the ABM ones at the top or bottom of existing ones.
    2/How does the configuration of the plugin works ? do I need to just define the satellites I would like the autobouquet plugin to keep updated ? or does it work in some other way ?
    ABM works on providers. Only those providers that are available based on your tuner configuration are presented to you. You must select the providers you want. You can also put them in the order you want.
    3/ Do you think this is a must have plugin after I install my channel list ?
    The plugin comes as standard with the Vix image. It is up to you whether you use it or not.

There is a guide on its use in the ViX guides section.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Driftwood1212 (26-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I will check the guide. Last time I used autobouquet, the only provider I was given is skyitalia.

Title
    Thanks
    Abu bainez,

Thanks for your return. I couldn't find the guide to ABM. Can you please direct me to the link.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    I will check the guide. Last time I used autobouquet, the only provider I was given is skyitalia.
    ABM will give you different providers depending on your tuner set-up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Driftwood1212 (26-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Judge,

How can I add the other providers ?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Judge,

How can I add the other providers ?
    They show up depending on your tuner configuration.
    How have you your tuners configured?

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Judge,

I am not sure how to answer this question. I have a diseqc configuration with PortA set to hotbird, PortB set to astra 19E, PortD set to Nilesat.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Then indeed it is likely that you only get Sky-IT, as there are no providers for the other satellites.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

deltec (04-10-19),Driftwood1212 (30-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure if this post is closed as old as it is but if is not allowed I am sorry in advance.
    I am new to linux based receivers and I am trying to get as much information as possible. I normally tweak around a lot even by eventually making mistakes and then I find the relative posts to correct any issues.
    So far on Vix, I am having a problem in deleting channels, no matter how I do this, through the channel list/help/9 or via Channilezer the channels are popping back there. I have even reset the box and I am still getting those duplicate bouquets (3 of them) from Movistar. And this started to happen when I downloaded some ABM which I have removed but seem that VIX has his own preinstalled? What is the exact procedure? I have been trying to find that ABM guide as abyu baniaz mentioned above.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    May I suggest you upload your debug log showing ABM execution.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...port-questions

ABM is a plugin that makes bouquets. If you make the ABM bouquets and then uninstall/remove the ABM plugin, the bouquets would still be on there. However, if they are coming back, it would suggest they are nothing to do with ABM as ABM isn't on your system.

Do you have unlinked bouquets enabled in your channel selection settings menu?

The guide section is on link below, but ABM has changed quite a bit since I made that post over 5 years ago.
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301

20. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (11-10-19)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast