Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue Quad playback stutter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Gigablue Quad playback stutter

HI,

Over the past two years I have built a library of MKV contained files which are now stored/shared between two GB Quads. Kids movies/programmes are used regularly. I updated from 3.808 to Helios 16. All MKV contained files are unwatchable - there is constant (prolonged) stutter.

This is what I have done to try and correct

Fresh flash Helios 16 - no settings restore (previous had Zeus so had saved settings backup) - issue remains
    Fresh flash Helios 17 - settings restore - issue remains
    Fresh flash Helios 17 - no settings restore - issue remains
    Used November GB drivers - stutter stops but no audio (have toggled downmix options and rebooted etc)

Any ideas?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    What size & what resolution are the MKV files?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All 720p - range from 1gb to 7gb.

I have also toggled resolution to auto/50/60 and HDMI output between 1080i (my default) 1080p and 720p but files remain with extreme stutter (with latest drivers).
    Last edited by BubbleBalls; 17-05-14 at 22:52. Reason: additional info

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    All 720p - range from 1gb to 7gb.
    They should play fine on the Quad. Try transcoding one using an app like Handbrake & let us know if it plays then.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ta Judge,

I want to avoid the need to transcode the files. Since there is some improvement when I use older drivers I am unsure where the issue is.

EDIT - I will transcode one.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBalls View Post
    EDIT - I will transcode one.
    Please do. It might take a while but could help us find the issue.
    You're probably right though & it looks like a driver issue.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi everybody,

First I apologise for upping an old post but I am having exactly the same problem and was simply wondering Bubbleballs has been able to fix it ?
    And if yes how ?

My problem in a nutshell :
    I use a GB HD Quad Plus since 2 years as a satellite receiver. I also use it to access my video library stored on a NAS and it has been performing very well so far with all kind of videos (SD, 1080/720p HD, mkv etc...). The GB receivers usually accesses video through Dreamplex, a Plex client application for enigma. But it also works fine through DLNA and direct access through network.

10 days ago, it suddently stop playing HD video files correctly. Both 720p and 1080p video won't play. They play fine for 5-10 seconds and then they stutters a lot. Pausing and resuming play would fix the issue for another 5-10 seconds and then it stutters again. SD videos (480/576 i) plays just fine.
    This issue is present no matter how I access videos : through dreamplex, DLNA servers or direct access through network browsing.
    I even setup Dreamplex so that my Plex server on NAS would transcode videos before play, but the GB HD Quad Plus won't play them correctly even at low resolution.
    I have a small GB IP Box in another room, much less powerfull than the Quad, that is able to play just fine videos transcoded by Plex at 720p @4MBPS.

Having a quick look at memory usage did not ring me a bell, i did not notice anything particular.
    I am pretty sure I isolated the plex server and the NAS to be part of the problem since I have other devices (namely GB IP Box, PS4, Iphone and Ipads) accessing videos just fine.

I went through different settings/adjustments with no luck so any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Should I post a screenshot of memory usage and/or debugg log ?

Thank you !