Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why cant I have Vix 3.0 image back

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Please read the release notes of Zeus/Helios (and soon Apollo): there you find the reasons behind the updates.
    To short-phrase: the very same reason why MS withdrew XP.

And you can repeat and go in circles and circles again, but pre-Zeus images and feeds are not available anymore, for which we also gave our reasons.

And believe me: we do lots and lots of testing before any image gets released. But sometimes we're just being overtaken by events (most of the time driver related but sometimes 'accidents' take place as well).

PS: Be careful downloading 'images' from other sites. It happens often enough that these are not virgin images, but backups with all kinds of stuff embedded or deleted.
    The version 806 I got from a German site has been running now for 2 days without a flaw. Perhaps I have just been lucky ?

I will settle for this until such times as new image with updated drivers is released for Venton / Duo

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,924 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skronk View Post
    Who makes a decision to change the image version without ensuring compatibility with manufacturers ?
    What manufacturers do is out of our hands. If they release drivers that don't follow the generally accepted E2 standard they won't work with our image. And we can't change the image so it complies with any manufacturers whims because then it wouldn't work with the drivers from other manufacturers that are doing the right thing. Also we don't change to a new image version because a manufacturer releases drivers. The new drivers are just added in to the current version and if they follow the generally accepted E2 standard they should work without problems.

Is there a projected date for release
    No. Images are released when it is considered they are ready. They are only released after each model has been tested. And as not all testers have all boxes sometimes that process can take some time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

skronk (15-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Huevos,

Thank you for the explanation.

I will use ver.806 until new image with updated drivers is released.

I like Vix images. I did try Opentv, SWF and AAF, but found them bloated and not easy to navigate.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    But, once i have made a nice table that works........I don't change it. I enjoy it.
    One question ... When you've created that one table that you've made, do you just think "ok! my table is created! that's it! I'm not going to create another table now"? Or, do you think, "I bet my next uncle fester would like a similar table, but I'll just change the leg shape a little bit, and he has a bigger dining room, so will see how I can make it in to an extending table", and so go off and do the work in to making a little better...

After all, you've spent all that time learning how to do the woodworking, there's no point in letting your skills die off, and never use all the tools you bought to do it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

judge (15-05-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12