Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bug remote control vix-others teams.

Title
    Thanks

bug remote control vix-others teams.

hello,

there is a serious bug in vix and other teams. buttons MENU / OK stop working remote control

has set this in vix? (fix)???

thanks.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    It's nothing to do with the image but a driver issue, a fix was posted on this forum a number of days ago.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

norhap (14-05-14)

Title
    Thanks
    yes, I have nothing to do with vix,

but wanted to know if the driver is already fixed vix.

Title
    Thanks
    fogonero,

I have the same problem with Venton HD2.

Tried Zeus 23, Helios 15,16 and 17. All display screen lock up at HDMI/Scart setup page. All images prepared from feeds using HP format tool and Teracopy.

I have read there is a cure found but can't find it and am not sure its for Venton box anyway. I have rolled back to 808 which has cured the lock up fault and I can now set up the receiver.

I will probably wait a few months before upgrading just to be sure it works. I am not a twiddler so updating really does not bother me.

A great advert for.."If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I had to roll back to 806 to rectify remote problem.

Title
    Thanks
    you have to remove the usb-stick when you already have the HDMI menu, remove usb and will continue to front with settings. helios build in the last 17​​, must already be the driver and will not have got problems.

Title
    Thanks
    @andyblac, the menu settings will not walk if we do not remove USB-stick
    Last edited by norhap; 14-05-14 at 10:52.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fogonero View Post
    you have to remove the usb-stick when you already have the HDMI menu, remove usb and will continue to front with settings. helios build in the last 17​​, must already be the driver and will not have got problems.
    Tried this. Failed.
    I can get past HDMI page if I remove USB, but screen locks at beginning of start wizard. The words "Are you sure you want to exit" on Venton screen. After that nothing happens.

It will be a while before I try it again.....back to 806...at least that works !!!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    This will sound daft but if I overwrite drivers when using 806 then update to helios 17 which appears to be latest for venton, will the file not be overwritten back to originalwhen installing helios 17. I have overwritten driver on 806. Can I continue with helios install ?

Thanks for your help.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    You will need to flash Helios 17 first, then overwrite the drivers.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    You will need to flash Helios 17 first, then overwrite the drivers.
    Yes, but the point is when flashed, I cant get past the opening screen...HDMI setup, before it locks up !!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skronk View Post
    Yes, but the point is when flashed, I cant get past the opening screen...HDMI setup, before it locks up !!
    Take a note of the IP address before flashing the unit, then FTP them to it once flashed > Power off and reboot.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Followed instructions exactly and the Venton locks at start wizard page. No remote function at all !!!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    You couldn't have overwritten the drivers, tested and works perfect here on HDx.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I feel I have overwritten them as asked by check box...overwrite/overwrite all. I select "yes" to overwrite after being told a larger file was to replace the smaller one.

Anyhow, thanks for your help. I will wait until the working image is released for the Venton HD2. Its no big deal really, as 806 works fine. Video enhancement would be nice though

Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast