Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hulu moves to block VPN users

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Hulu moves to block VPN users

Streaming video service Hulu has taken steps to clamp down on users accessing the site through VPNs in an effort to block international users from seeing videos available only in the US.

VPN users, including Americans trying to access the Web legitimately, will receive an error message, which reads: “Based on your IP-address, we noticed that you are trying to access Hulu through an anonymous proxy tool. Hulu is not currently available outside the U.S. If you’re in the U.S. you’ll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on Hulu.”

Australian company Getflix mid-February launched a service offering residents there, in New Zealand and South-East Asia the ability to access entertainment streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu Plus using virtual private network technology to ‘trick’ the geo-blocked services into thinking the user is streaming from the US.

Getflix powers the operation with its own DNS servers, explaining on its website that only a small number of connections to Netflix and Hulu Plus get re-routed via its servers. “The actual video is streamed from Netflix or Hulu Plus directly to you so Getflix is much faster and more reliable than an alternative VPN or tunnel solution,” it says.

The legality of the service is questionable, with the practice of using VPNs to circumvent geo-blocking subscription restrictions being frowned upon.

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2014/04/28/hulu-moves-to-block-vpn-users/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Here is the list of top VPN Providers which you can use to acces Hulu from outside us. http://goo.gl/POE22q I am using this from past couple of years to watch hulu and did not have any problem.

Title
    Thanks
    i am using PureVPN to access hulu and it is working fine.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 878 Posts
    @patrickjburt - again - these threads are from over three years ago - things change!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Some VPNs won't unblock HULU and Netflix. If you buy a popular VPN like purevpn and expressvpn.You can easily unblock HULU. You can read reviews of all vpns from here
    Code:
    https://www.vpnranks.com/
    either they can unblock netflix and hulu or not, every information related to VPN, you can get from this website.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 19-12-18 at 01:17. Reason: code link

Title
    Thanks
    Their are a few VPNs which can let you unblock Hulu Streaming. And as a matter of fact even the most popular VPN services don't guarantee that they can help you unlock Hulu. However, you can contact your VPN's customer support and try to know which server works best to unblock HULU. Or what you can do is you can learn about providers which works as
    Code:
    https://www.bestvpn.co/hulu-vpn
    and can let you stream safely. But still, not guaranteed.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 19-12-18 at 01:17. Reason: code link

Title
    Thanks
    So we all know now that Hulu and Netflix have begun blocking VPN access to American netflix. I was under the impression that they were doing this by blocking known VPN providers IP ranges.To counteract that I set up my own VPN on a VPSI have with digitalocean.com located in New York. Surprisingly, this did not work for Hulu but it did work for netflix. The VPN works otherwise and there are no DNS leaks. I am using a nexus 7.