Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenVix Blue-HD

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    Nothing like a healthy debate haha...

Go faster stripes on cars have no function apart from looking good.

My personal opionin is yer thy don't have a function currently, but it keeps in the style of what we wanted and keeps the mrs happy too that it looks like what she knows. And that's priceless haha

Enjoy guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    VU+ Duo, 500gb Hard Drive, 32gb USB Stick, Vix Helios with Blue HD Skin V3

CHECK OUT ALL THE LASTEST ON THE BLUE HD SKIN
    [URL="http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?37561-Blue-HD-V3[/URL]

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartie4 View Post
    Of course it is,my reasoning was that sky has amazing series link and planner features, EPG that auto-updates silently, less glitches etc. However that's beside the point, it may be a "dead" graphic but the skin aims to mimic sky, and without that graphic it wouldn't look right. removing it wouldn't save much room anyway as the mini TV would still block more channels being added etc.
    SKY & Rupert also have millions of $$$ to limit user choices. ViX & skinners not so lucky... but better off.
    Last edited by judge; 27-04-14 at 03:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    SKY & Rupert also have millions of $$$ to limit user choices. ViX & skinners not so lucky...
    don't misinterpret what I said as complaining lol ViX is fantastic It's the reason why I got an expensive vu box over a cheap dual tuner clone!
    I'm just saying that for whatever reason sky does have a very user-friendly and feature rich box (for people that just want to watch TV) and this amazing skin tries to mirror that, which is why I think the image whilst functionally useless is neeed

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    @rossi2000 is there a way to get bouquets to list at the top like on a sky box? eg. beside all channels is entertainment etc.
    Thanks!
    thats on my request list too. i believe that its a function that enigma / vix doesn't support yet. its on the list thou as i said

5. The Following User Says Thank You to simonsez For This Useful Post:

seame (27-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simonsez View Post
    thats on my request list too. i believe that its a function that enigma / vix doesn't support yet. its on the list thou as i said
    ooooh! great! I can't wait
    amazing work guys!

Title
    Thanks
    Of course it is,my reasoning was that sky has amazing series link and planner features, EPG that auto-updates silently, less glitches etc. However that's beside the point, it may be a "dead" graphic but the skin aims to mimic sky, and without that graphic it wouldn't look right. removing it wouldn't save much room anyway as the mini TV would still block more channels being added etc.
    Removing it would give the channel list screen as much space as the Vix Night screen which has a larger video display and even room to show what is showing Now and Next for a program with descriptions. Yes it does make it look nice but I think that the channel list screen is the one that would benefit most if it were excluded from it

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'm just saying that for whatever reason sky does have a very user-friendly and feature rich box (for people that just want to watch TV) and this amazing skin tries to mirror that, which is why I think the image whilst functionally useless is neeed
    User friendly = working buttons. A skin that has useless graphics to display non working buttons will never be user friendly.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is there a way to turn off the = sign on the channel info?
    101=BBC1? Don't think an = sign is on the Sky platform
    Gary

Title
    Thanks
    User friendly = working buttons. A skin that has useless graphics to display non working buttons will never be user friendly.
    You are missing the point mate, this skin is made to mimic sky, down to finer details which it does do whether or not vix has the functionality for a menu at the top or not. If you removed that "useless" graphic the skin wouldn't look as good and people would miss it. By your logic you wouldn't include any graphic that doesn't do something - what sort of UX would that be? This skin (in my opinion) is light years ahead of the default theme on ViX or vix night because it includes graphics that make my box look more like sky.

Title
    ViX Skinner-Dev
    Thanks
    I think the = sign is to do with ABM than the skin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You are missing the point mate, this skin is made to mimic sky, down to finer details which it does do whether or not vix has the functionality for a menu at the top or not. If you removed that "useless" graphic the skin wouldn't look as good and people would miss it. By your logic you wouldn't include any graphic that doesn't do something - what sort of UX would that be? This skin (in my opinion) is light years ahead of the default theme on ViX or vix night because it includes graphics that make my box look more like sky.
    Nah, think you're missing the point, (mate). Skins that are made to mimic SKY but limit E2 functionality aren't the best of ideas on E2 boxes.
    Last edited by judge; 27-04-14 at 03:35.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

mickyblueys (27-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    You are missing the point mate, this skin is made to mimic sky, down to finer details which it does do whether or not vix has the functionality for a menu at the top or not. If you removed that "useless" graphic the skin wouldn't look as good and people would miss it. By your logic you wouldn't include any graphic that doesn't do something - what sort of UX would that be? This skin (in my opinion) is light years ahead of the default theme on ViX or vix night because it includes graphics that make my box look more like sky

I know I keep rambling on about the channel list screen lol but it is perhaps the screen my family uses the most. The graphic you say is to make the interface user friendly but all it does is make the text smaller and so has the opposite effect as you end up with a smaller video display, less program description information and perhaps squinting at the text if you are sat a reasonable distance away.

Title
    Thanks
    Nah, think you're missing the point, (mate). Skins that are made to mimic SKY but limit E2 functionality aren't the best of ideas on an E2 boxes.
    Then this skin clearly isn't for you, and I'm not sure why you're continuing to argue with people who like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahat786786 View Post

I know I keep rambling on about the channel list screen lol but it is perhaps the screen my family uses the most. The graphic you say is to make the interface user friendly but all it does is make the text smaller and so has the opposite effect as you end up with a smaller video display, less program description information and perhaps squinting at the text if you are sat a reasonable distance away.
    That's the issue, I use the mini TV not the channel only screen, so it wouldn't (and doesn't ) affect me, but I can see where you're coming from I wonder if it would be easy to edit? I've made a few tweaks myself, but not to any xml files

Quote Originally Posted by simonsez View Post
    Is there any way to have a now, next and later in channel info, apparently Helios now supports that. Thanks!
    Last edited by stewartie4; 27-04-14 at 03:36.

Title
    Thanks
    What is the mini tv? The channel list screen im referring to is the one where you press up or down to bring it up.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahat786786 View Post
    What is the mini tv? The channel list screen im referring to is the one where you press up or down to bring it up.
    Oh! sorry I misunderstood! I thought you were referring to the epg having the small tv in the top right vs it not being there.

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast