Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Interstar LX3

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Not yet, as there is a driver issue that has to be fixed first.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

lemi (04-06-14)

moskolio
    Are there any plans to create a section in the forum for golden interstar xpeed receivers like you have for all the others manufacturers you are creating images for?

Title
    Thanks
    Like I said,don't have any issues with ATV or HDF.It's very good and powerful receiver I hope VIX image comes soon
    GigaBlue HD800UE OPENVIX HELIOS
    Xpeed LX2 HDF

Title
    Thanks
    After spending weeks deciding that the Gigablue Quad Plus was the route forward, being cheaper than the Vue+ Duo2, I have only just learned about the Golden Interstar LX3.

There was earlier mention of some problems with the menu button & the OK button. have these problems been sorted, does anyone know?

I am very ignorant in the use of such machines.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenjonas View Post
    After spending weeks deciding that the Gigablue Quad Plus was the route forward, being cheaper than the Vue+ Duo2, I have only just learned about the Golden Interstar LX3.

There was earlier mention of some problems with the menu button & the OK button. have these problems been sorted, does anyone know?

I am very ignorant in the use of such machines.
    Yes drivers fixed.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

kwabh (02-02-15),mcquaim (09-06-14),stevenjonas (10-06-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks. " further questions occur to me: Firstly, am I correct in assuming that all the instructions will be in German, or is there an English version? Secondly, I was thinking of buying the machine without a hard drive & fitting my own. Is this pretty easy?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenjonas View Post
    Many thanks. " further questions occur to me: Firstly, am I correct in assuming that all the instructions will be in German, or is there an English version? Secondly, I was thinking of buying the machine without a hard drive & fitting my own. Is this pretty easy?
    English manual, but bit pointless when using a 3rd party image such as ViX.

Yes HDD easy to install, cradle is self explanatory. 3.5" will use whole cradle, if using 2.5" just fix to one side of cradle.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Moved to correct section.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I Bit the Bullet and ordered the LX3 with 3 DVB-S2 & 1 DVB-C/T2 Tuners from the sponsor and it is arriving tomorrow I can not wait
    the only thing that I am Disappointed about is it looks like it uses the same Crappy Remote as the Miraclebox
    just as well I have bought a Harmony 650 remote
    would the New Duo 2 remote work with the LX3 as I would probably buy one of them as I love the Solo2's remote and would not get to Confused

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    the only thing that I am Disappointed about is it looks like it uses the same Crappy Remote as the Miraclebox
    You will be a lot more disapointed when you realize how awful response LX3 do have for IR

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    Well I Bit the Bullet and ordered the LX3 with 3 DVB-S2 & 1 DVB-C/T2 Tuners from the sponsor and it is arriving tomorrow I can not wait
    just as well I have bought a Harmony 650 remote
    would the New Duo 2 remote work with the LX3 as I would probably buy one of them as I love the Solo2's remote and would not get to Confused
    I actually really like the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by rassi View Post
    You will be a lot more disapointed when you realize how awful response LX3 do have for IR
    No issues here, I find it actually responds and goes through menu's/bouquets faster than Duo2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

kwabh (02-02-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    No issues here, I find it actually responds and goes through menu's/bouquets faster than Duo2.
    How far you are from the LX3?

I´m approx 4 meters from it and vertical up/down need to be 0-26 degrees from the box to get IR command to go thru.
    Ordered IR-repeater from Ebay so it will hopefully solve this issue.
    I have had two LX3 boxes and both have exactly same poor reseption and same thing with orginal and Harmony 700.

and mainly i do have feeling that Solo2 runs much more "smoothly" than Lx3, including timeshift etc overall things.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I should have no problem then as I am only about 5 foot away from where the receiver will be
    as it will be in my Back room with my HI-FI & Computer, our lass has the Virgin Box in the front room
    Last edited by nsw9154; 11-06-14 at 14:57.

Title
    Thanks
    I found a potential driver issue when testing my new LX3 receiver. I have only one tuner using Thor. I made a timer recording for a Thor channel, and then I started to watch and timeshift another Thor channel from a different transponder. When the time came for the recording, LX3 became unresponsive, and there was a symbol on the TV screen to indicate it's waiting.. but the channel never changed to the one that should have been recorded. The selected channel was showing ok but there was no response for any of the remote buttons. I had to power reset the box. The timer recording was started only after restarting the box.

This has happened twice, at least the second time was with timeshifting, not sure about the first time. It doesn't happen every time. When it works ok, the box informs that the channel needs to be changed (and it changes automatically) because of timer recording.

I wonder if this is a known issue. The driver version is from the middle of May.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think they fixed the Driver problems with Vix Apollo 3

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast