Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Box

Title
    Thanks

New Box

Hi I currently got a openbox s9. Although it still works I want upgrade to a better box. Something with better picture better channel set up possible auto channel freq update and 7 day epg. Which box would you recommend? I was learning towards a tm single or nano, nano2 is there any difference between these boxes? I then spoke to a local sat shop who advised me only a blade 7000s box has the 7 day epg and that tm boxes don't have this feature? Can you explain and are these blade boxes any good. Ideally I want a box with the latest and most stable image and all the auto bouquet on it already with the 7 day epg so all I have to do is input my gift ;-). Please also advise if I will need a extra hd or usb pen to achieve what I want.
    thankz
    Ice

Title
    Thanks
    You had me until gift!

mariegriff
    I think you need to sack the "local sat shop" and continue on this forum. Any enigma 2 linux box will give you what you want with 7 day epg, auto bouquet, etc and that includes the tm's. I guess it all depends on what you want to spend, I have a VU Duo and am very pleased with it, and it certainly does all the things that you want to do with it.
    have you had a look at the sponsors site
    Code:
    http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/

mariegriff
    Quote Originally Posted by seame View Post
    You had me until gift!
    Didn't see that part, I'd better get my glasses on

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icemen View Post
    .... so all I have to do is input my gift ;-).....
    What's that

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    What's that
    I think its a line rob
    Vu + Duo , 1.5tb hard drive installed , 1.2 channel master dish , 1224 jagger motor , alsat g box , quad lmb prime focus , diablo cam 2.3 , diablo wi-fi cam, te-rex cam, dragon cam, cas 3 , technomate 6900 super stb , manhattan stb

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Brrrrrr .

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    ok, no mention of inputing a line or gift ;-), (Your all welcome to send me a personnal PM)
    I just want some reviews on these TM boxes before I go ahead and purchase one, e.g. how easy are they set up channels and can split them into like movies, sports etc..., how good are the picture qualities & anything else you think I might find useful?
    I will prob buy from this forum's sponsor shop world of sat, Will they pre set up the box for me so I don't have to do anything? e.g. load image, bouquets & EPG?
    All help is appreciated
    thankz
    Ice

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by icemen View Post
    ok, no mention of inputing a line or gift ;-), (Your all welcome to send me a personnal PM)

Ice
    No you're not, that is against the rules as well as public discussion.

There are some very good guides on setup in the guide section all relatively easy to follow, channels are split into sections by the ABM feature of the image automatically when you run it.
    The box you buy from the sponsor will be pre flashed with the image of your choice but will not be setup - the initial setup is very intuitive and the rest is specific to your own requirements
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    As Maxwell states the box will come with the image flashe donly but set up is easy if you take the time and follow he guides in the guides section. the one i used i re-posted and was written by Pheonix and can be found in my signature.

replace your box with an E2 receiver and you will not look back i promise!
    TM-Twin*1TB HD*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

TM-Nano*VIX Helios*ABM*CrossEPG*OnDemand*Blue HD 3

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_g View Post
    As Maxwell states the box will come with the image flashe donly but set up is easy if you take the time and follow he guides in the guides section. the one i used i re-posted and was written by Pheonix and can be found in my signature.

replace your box with an E2 receiver and you will not look back i promise!
    Firstly sorry guyz, new, not up with the rules so I appologize. Secondly Can some please tell me the difference between the TM Single and Nano? Looks pretty similar in spec but around £40-£50 in price difference?

Once I purchase one i'm sure some will help me load up the bouquets & 7 day EPG and stuff or point me in the right direction. Will I need a USB for the 7 day EPG on the TM boxes?
    thankz
    ICe

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You will need a storage medium for the EPG, USB or HDD. This applies to all receivers as Internal flash is not recommended.

The Single has a a scart socket, Nano does not. If you buy the Nano, get the HDD kit with it, it will be cheaper than buying it separately afterwards.

Personally, I would buy a twin tuner receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You will need a storage medium for the EPG, USB or HDD. This applies to all receivers as Internal flash is not recommended.

The Single has a a scart socket, Nano does not. If you buy the Nano, get the HDD kit with it, it will be cheaper than buying it separately afterwards.

Personally, I would buy a twin tuner receiver.

IF I go for the nano then will I still need a USB if I get HDD kit with it?

You the twin tuner how does this work, does it mean I can view in a different room? Does it just show what is playing from the box or can you view different channels? and also does this mean you need two boxes?
    thankz
    ICe

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    With the Nano, the HDD kit allows you to use the a sata 2.5 internal HDD for recordings and epg. If you use a HDD, there is no need for a USB stick. I only sugested getting the kit at the same time as it works out cheaper buying it together.

With twin tuner receivers you need two cables from the satellite dish. It allows you to record one programme while watching another.

There is no RF output on either the Nano or Single.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Weather you use a Internal HDD or not, you are still going to need a USB stick, if for no other reason that flashing the receiver from time to time.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast