Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Create your own bootlogo packs, with a chance of them being added to the ViX feeds

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts

Create your own bootlogo packs, with a chance of them being added to the ViX feeds

Create your own logo-packs.
    Given the number of requests to create new logo's, we decided to implement the option for installing & choosing logo-packs (just like you can choose your own (display)skin.
    If you want to create your own pack make sure to:
    1- Create a zip-file with a name that clearly identifies your logo
    2- Make sure the folder contains 3 1080p mvi's with the names radio.mvi, backdrop.mvi & bootlogo.mvi as well as the 3 jpg's.
    3- Each logo should hold the text 'OPEN VIX' 'All your support needs at world-of-satellite.com'.
    4- Compare your work with the attached example
    5- Make sure that all the work you upload is copyright free and decent (no nudity, religious, political or ethnic pictures).
    6- Also make a bb-file like "enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-openvix-zeus.bb" (see attached example). Make sure the contents is correct for your files.

EDIT by Maxwell:
    How to for the bb file

Use this calculator to obtain the MD5 and sha256 checksums for your zip file (scroll down to the browse button to use the file on your PC) then after opening click the Calculate Checksums button

The bb file is actually a text file and you should open it with Notepad++ for easy editing. Get Notepad++ from here
    Code:
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.5.5.html
    Open the supplied sample from the files below and edit this line with the name of your zip:

SRC_URI = "http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/bootlogos/openvix-zeus.zip"

for example:
    SRC_URI = "http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/bootlogos/my-bootlogo.zip"

Now edit the line below with your md5 checksum calculated earlier

SRC_URI[md5sum] = "25bb4a9526350cfaa28cfa9fe288eebe"
    Then do the same for the sha256 checksum
    SRC_URI[sha256sum] = "30b68be08383209f831aa035df8acb0da2500e36f9c8d2ef7 86d049a7dadacd3"

Now save the file with your filename of choice e.g enigma2-plugin-bootlogos-my-bootlogos.bb

post your zip file and the edited bb file in the thread.

For creating MVI's one can use Dream_Logo_Generator or use Xorion if you want 1080p

Also upload a picture of your pack, so it is easy for users to identify.

The best pack's will be uploaded to our feeds. The ViX-team makes the decision which packages will be made available via the feeds; there will be no discussion about that.

When it comes to installing a pack, one must know that only one pack can be installed. So if you have a pack installed, and want to change it for another one, the old pack should be de-installed before installing the new one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Maxwell; 15-04-14 at 10:42. Reason: Correction

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

cwebb66 (26-04-15),davers1875 (05-02-15),Minidisc (18-07-15),ronan c (11-07-14),scwheeler (12-04-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Users who wish to submit their bootlogo packs for evaluation please make a thread in the following section.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/fo...ing-Discussion

Even if your bootlogo pack does not make it into the feeds, you can still host them via the forum for users to use. good luck.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Xorion for making 1080p bootlogo's
    Attached Files Attached Files
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (14-04-14),judge (12-04-14),Larry-G (12-04-14)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    As we're now in the process of implementing this functionality, I amended the instructions in post #1 a bit. Please make sure to follow all exactly, and ask if things are not clear.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (14-04-14)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    First post edited to include instruction on exactly what to do with the bb file
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

barry2012 (28-06-14),Larry-G (15-04-14)