Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CI conax module + valid card not working

Title
    Thanks
    Now that explanation I too understand and I've learnt something as I hadn't appreciated that the core of BH was so different.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IAmATeaf For This Useful Post:

rte (03-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I wonder if I've got i right now.
    So the firmware manufacturer VU+ will not create a CAM-driver for ViX/PLi-environment but for all the other environments.
    Is there a policy conflict between VU+ and Vix-team?
    It reminds me of the earlier problems with USB-WiFi-dongles.

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.003ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    No, it is that BH and VTi are still pretty close to the original Vu images in terms of library files whereas OpenPLi and ViX have moved and updated core parts so that the drivers and these updated core parts now cause these types of issues.

So until Vu refresh their drivers to take into account updated libraries there's nothing that ViX can do unless they take really drastic actions with their images.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rte View Post
    I wonder if I've got i right now.
    So the firmware manufacturer VU+ will not create a CAM-driver for ViX/PLi-environment but for all the other environments.
    Is there a policy conflict between VU+ and Vix-team?
    It reminds me of the earlier problems with USB-WiFi-dongles.
    No, he said that the Build environment or Image base used by Vu+ for their OI ( official original image ) is basically 5 years out of date and this is what they build their drivers for, ViX and the OE-Alliance, even Pli to a certain degree are far more upto date than the OI ( BH and VTI are built from this very old code too ).

so Vu+ need to get with the times and update or you will start to see even more compatibility issues between the old images OI, BH, VTI and those who are constantly updating and innovating. Pli, ViX and the OE-Alliance.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    No, it is that BH and VTi are still pretty close to the original Vu images in terms of library files whereas OpenPLi and ViX have moved and updated core parts so that the drivers and these updated core parts now cause these types of issues.

So until Vu refresh their drivers to take into account updated libraries there's nothing that ViX can do unless they take really drastic actions with their images.
    Even Pli are old when considered against the new OE used by the OE-Alliance and ViX.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    There's no 'policy conflict'; it's about the way drivers are being compiled.
    If drivers are dependant on fixed libraries, and we use younger versions of such a library, this kind of issue can happen.
    Normally a driver would be compiled for a more generic environment, or for libraries equal to or greater then a specific version. And as I said: drivers are closed source, and from the outside we can't see what's in it or what they depend on.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    The fact remains. VU+ is not willing to refresh more compatible drivers for CAMs. This is a policy issue and must be made generally known. The consequences will be visible on the market. Who wants to buy a retarded receiver?

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.003ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rte View Post
    The fact remains. VU+ is not willing to refresh more compatible drivers for CAMs. This is a policy issue and must be made generally known. The consequences will be visible on the market. Who wants to buy a retarded receiver?
    The last time we made a statement about the driver support from Vu+ and withheld the ViX Vu+ solo2 image in protest, we received nothing but abuse and wild accusations from all parties, so we will not take any stance on such actions, thats for Vu+ to sort out them selves.

SIMPLES.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I think I mentioned it before: hardly anybody uses a CAM in an E2-receiver. And for a good reason: softcams allow much more freedom (i.e. multiple decryption, decrypted recordings).
    So I can't believe anybody will be impressed by your announcement. And besides, as you experienced yourself: there's an easy solution by using professional instead of hobby firmware.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    I think I mentioned it before: hardly anybody uses a CAM in an E2-receiver. And for a good reason: softcams allow much more freedom (i.e. multiple decryption, decrypted recordings).
    So I can't believe anybody will be impressed by your announcement. And besides, as you experienced yourself: there's an easy solution by using professional instead of hobby firmware.
    I my self have some 50 plus cam modules but none has been used in a receiver in years, IF sky uk obeyed the law and produced a cam module a lot more people would gladly use them, my self included.

SIMPLES.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

rte (03-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I must have missed some fundamental information about SoftCam-programs. Is it possible to use softcam with legal cards from local terrestial and cable TV-distributors in VU+ card slot/Zeus? That would be fine but so far I have had no success.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes.
    There is a variety of softcams, all with their pro's and cons. Most cards will work, given a proper set up.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

rte (03-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I guess, advice for proper set up will not be given here? Can you give me a hint where to go?
    It is good to mention that all attemps for card sharing are definitely out of question in my case.

Title
    Thanks
    HI again!
    I found a workaround for the non-working CAM module (in VIX), It is to use oscam softcam instead, having the card in VU+ own card slot. CCcam did not work, at least for my cabletv card. In fact neither did the latest oscam version which is downloadable via the download links (r9059), however r8625 was able to decrypt the channels. However there is still some problem, after about 15-30 minutes of watching the channels stop working. Restarting the oscam will bring them up again for another 15-30 minutes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kvarnstj For This Useful Post:

rte (08-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Pls tell me more. I have oscam.5953 in Vuultimo, but oscam doesn't start. Is that the wrong version? Do I have to do something special with the configuration? Which one of the two card slots do I have to use: upper or lower? Is the card placed the chipside up or down?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast