Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CI conax module + valid card not working

Title
    Thanks

CI conax module + valid card not working

Hi!

I have a CI Conax module (SCM Microsystems Conax), with a valid card in it, provided by my cable TV provider.
    I can't get the channels working at all with OpenVIX Zeus (have not tried older). I flashed my Ultimo with BlackHole image, and channels worked out of the box. Also my TV can manage to get the module to work, but not OpenVIX
    I get this message after while
    No data on transponder. Timeout reading PAT.
    In the CI Assignment menu I see it registered as Conax 4.00e. When pressing edit for it, the UI crashes.
    Can anybody help me with this?

.jokv

Title
    Thanks
    My Vu+Ultimo gives a CAM-message something like "not a valid receiver". I suppose a proper CAM+valid card is somehow paired with the accepted receivers chip. My TV-set Samsung works and is listed by the distributor. They exclude Vu+ with purpose. Can anyone comfirm this?

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.002ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Hi!

A CI+ module needs to be paired, but I am talking about a regular CAM Conax module, which don't need pairing of any kind. As said, the module works on Blackhole image out-of-the-box, but not with OpenVIX. Actually I have used this same module with Vix 2 images, and it worked fine. However the card was from another service provider at that time.
    Could someone from VIX team comment on the support of CAM modules in VIX Zeus, are they supported at all?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    CAM support is solely dependant on the drivers; so if it works in BH it should also work in ViX.
    However: AFAIK nobody in our team has suck a module, so actually testing isn't possible.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    This means that should be used exclusively for Softcam!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi!

Yesterday, I tried with a new CAM module, a CI+ module, with card and module linked together by the service provider. No luck this time either. Today I will try the same with BH image, and check if it works.
    It really seems to me that OpenVIX image is missing the ability for channel decryption with CAM module (really a shame).

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    As I said before:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    CAM support is solely dependant on the drivers;
    So there's absolutely nothing we can do.

Title
    Thanks
    I understand that it might be dependant on drivers, and you cannot impact those. But maybe the problem is with how the drivers are used? I don't get it, how can it work on BH but not on OpenVIX, if the drivers are the same? If the driver it self wouldn't work, then this should not work on BH either, right?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Right.

But there's one complicating factor: VU is using ancient versions of Open Embedded and E2, and they are apparently not interested in updating their libraries and packages (it's roughly comparable to sticking to use Windows XP, while the world has moved on). And as most hardware developers and we as well do move forwards, it is possible that the VU drivers don't support all functions they should support. And VU support stops at the moment something is working in their ancient environment.

Title
    Thanks
    So would the drivers in BH not be the same as those used in Zeus?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes, they are.
    Not sure why you ask? My explanation wasn't clear then?

Title
    Thanks
    I was wondering why this would work on BH but not on ViX if the drivers used are the same that's all.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    maybe the box is a clone like your solo2 ?
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (01-04-14),Rob van der Does (01-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    I don't even have or use this module, I was just simply curious why it work with BH and not ViX.

Not too sure what the commemt about a clone has to do with it, yes I do have a clone solo2 but I also have an original Duo.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Did some more testing. I have one Conax CI module and one CI+ module under test, same card.
    As said, CI module works with BH and Vu+ own image, but not with Vix. However this very same module has worked a few years ago with some Vix 2.x image. So Vix has taken a step backwards what comes to decrypting channels. This is a shame since I find Vix the only good and userfriendly image out there, e.g. the EPG is useless in other images. I would not like to swap to another image.
    What comes to the CI+ module, I don't know if that is supported by VU+ receivers at all? Can someone comment on that?
    Did not get it to work on any other image either. The pairing of module and card is done by the
    Service provider, and should be ok. Need to double check that. However, now it seems that CAMs are not supported by Vix at all ( apart from softcam), which really is a shame. I find this a very fundamental feature to have in a receiver, in terms of legal channel decryption. You have explained that there is nothing you can do about it, but I still can't exept the fact that it would be undoable. If it works in all other images I have tried. Please try to make it work, I can send any log you need.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kvarnstj For This Useful Post:

rte (02-04-14)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast