Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CI conax module + valid card not working

Title
    Thanks
    Now I installed oscam.r8625. It starts but doesn't show my encrypted cable-TV channels whichever of the two cardslots I use with cardchip up or down. What else should I do?

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.002ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rte View Post
    What else should I do?
    Start a separate support request; now nobody looks into this thread as it is about a CAM.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi!

I had same problem with the 9xxx oscams, they do not start at all. The 8625 is ok, but you need following oscam files in /etc/tuxbox/config/

oscam.conf:

#oscam.conf

[dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    boxtype = dreambox
    user = dvbapiau
    au = 1
    request_mode = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 16002
    httpuser = x
    httppwd = x
    httprefresh = 20
    httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.1-192.168.255.255,10.0.0.1-10.255.255.255

oscam.dvbapi:

P: 0B00 1
    P: 0B02 1

oscam.server

#oscam.server

[reader]
    label = lower
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    detect = cd
    mhz = 500
    cardmhz = 500
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,15

[reader]
    label = upper
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci1
    detect = cd
    mhz = 500
    cardmhz = 500
    group = 2
    emmcache = 1,3,15

oscam.user:

#oscam.user

[account]
    user = dvbapiau
    pwd =
    group = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19
    uniq = 3
    monlevel = 0
    au = 1

Check also that the card has the chip downwards in the slot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kvarnstj For This Useful Post:

rte (09-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    This really works but not on encrypted HD-channels. Quite a success, anyway, thank you for the advice.

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.002ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Might be that your HD-channels requires CI+ module with card+module pairing. CI+ is not supported on Ultimo, or on any Enigma2 in general.
    That is the case with my cable operator at least. So I am not able to watch encrypted HD either, do to the CI+, no workaround for that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kvarnstj For This Useful Post:

rte (09-04-14)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kvarnstj View Post
    Might be that your HD-channels requires CI+ module with card+module pairing. CI+ is not supported on Ultimo, or on any Enigma2 in general.
    That is the case with my cable operator at least. So I am not able to watch encrypted HD either, do to the CI+, no workaround for that.
    That is exactly what I suspected. Thank you for your confirmation. The operators insult their customers by limiting their legal rights to choose the eguipment.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    CI+ is famous for only one thing: limiting customers. Google for details.

But customers buy it and hence accept it. The only way out is a customer strike.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

rte (09-04-14),tappari (09-04-14)

Parru
    There is pairing CiV1-Modules also. I have one made by Dilog that works well with my Duo2 + Vix Zeus. Not all cable providers have CiV1 pairing modules.
    Alas my module can only decrypt 1 chan. So if there is 2 or more recordings same time on encrypted channels only 1st recording is good and others will fail. This leads to my only disapointment for my DUO2: No working post record decrypt/decode.
    Now I mostly use oscam but when I want to watch encrypted HD chan (sports mostly) I insert Dilog-module.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Parru View Post
    This leads to my only disapointment for my DUO2: No working post record decrypt/decode.
    As far as I know only Xtrend's support that.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    CI+ is famous for only one thing: limiting customers. Google for details.

But customers buy it and hence accept it. The only way out is a customer strike.
    I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I stumbled upon this forum and found this thread to be a very interesting read.

Customer strike might indeed be good, but once the CI+ CAMs are provided by the broadcaster, isn't it just a matter of time before their support is added to the softcams? This is in a way already a customer strike against the hardware pairing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Disclaimer: I'm not looking for any illegal activities. Just the convenience of taking out a smart card out of the box and reinserting it in a different receiver when visiting my second home. Hope that is not too much to ask for!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
    Once the CI+ CAMs are provided by the broadcaster, isn't it just a matter of time before their support is added to the softcams? This is in a way already a customer strike against the hardware pairing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think I should correct myself for people stumbling upon this post in the future. My understanding has improved since I posted this.

1. Softcams emulate the functionality of CI CAMs. The CI+ standard was introduced to restrict what customer can do with the received signal. This standard mandates the use of CI+ CAMs with the certified receivers only. There are ways to make it work with a non-certified enigma2 receivers, but they are not supported by OpenViX image.

2. Hardware pairing means pairing of the smart card with the decryption hardware (receiver or the CI+ CAM). This is different from forcing the use of CI+ CAMs in general by the service providers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MeanMachine For This Useful Post:

rte (27-07-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Some time ago I noticed to my big suprise that my CI+Cam with valid cable-TV card works perfectly, all the subscribed HD-channels included, in the upper cam-slot of my Vu+Ultimo4k receiver.
    It may be an exception but I can't offer any better explanation.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rte View Post
    Some time ago I noticed to my big suprise that my CI+Cam with valid cable-TV card works perfectly, all the subscribed HD-channels included, in the upper cam-slot of my Vu+Ultimo4k receiver.
    It may be an exception but I can't offer any better explanation.
    I have an Ultimo, not 4K, and I have noticed one thing: when I insert the card from the cable operator to a CI+ module and the module to my HDTV and get them paired, then move the module with the card to the Ultimo, it WORKS and shows the encrypted HD channels I have authorized. But it encrypts only one of them at time, so I can't record multiple channels at the same time when using the CI+ module.
    And every now and then the encrypted channels disappear until I insert the card with the module to the TV for a while again.
    I suspect this behavior may depend on the service provider.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jukkal2 For This Useful Post:

rte (06-08-19)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234