Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Slingbox advice

Title
    Thanks

Slingbox advice

HI all,
    I have been having a bit of an interest with streaming from my VU+ Duo 1 to my iphone/ laptop whilst away working and I know with my current set up I would need to have a pc running VLC to trascode the video to send via internet. So that got me looking at slingbox but I would really like something where I could use the second tuner of the box so i can watch football at any location, and my wife still has functionality at home.
    Im struggling to find information as to if this is even possible without upgrading to the DUo 2, but I remain hopeful.

Thanks for any advice

Title
    Thanks
    It is impossible to have both tuners outputting video at the same time. The Slingbox is subject to the same limitation.

If your box at home is in active use and being watched on a TV, you will only be able to watch the same channel at the remote location.

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    It is impossible to have both tuners outputting video at the same time. The Slingbox is subject to the same limitation.

If your box at home is in active use and being watched on a TV, you will only be able to watch the same channel at the remote location.
    this is so not true, with twin tuners you can stream any channel to your pc/tablet/phone, even with a single tuner its possible but only if its on the same transponder, the biggest problem is obtaining a good stream due to upload speed limitations.
    you dont need the pc at home to upload the stream.
    Forget the slingbox unless they have improved dramatically from last time I tried one

Have a read of these guides http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-PC-amp-Others
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...An-Enigma2-Box
    Last edited by Maxwell; 25-03-14 at 00:21.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information here on my posts are hypothetical in nature, out of curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Use of the collective descriptions and knowledge from any of my posts are at YOUR discretion
    I am not responsible for what you do with it

Want to know about cardsharing see Here

Want clone support see Here

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

If you have had a problem that you started a thread about and found your own solution please post back to let everyone know how you solved it

Title
    Thanks
    I think you posted too quickly and did not read the original post.

The OP wants to use a Slingbox remotely at the same time as the home VU+ box is in full use. That is impossible as you can't have both tuners outputting video at the same time.

No one took the trouble to respond to the OP for over 24 hours, so I thought I would make it clear to the OP what is, and what is not possible when using a Slingbox.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post

No one took the trouble to respond to the OP for over 24 hours, so I thought I would make it clear to the OP what is, and what is not possible when using a Slingbox.
    No disrespect intended, but no one replied either because they did not know or just dont use a sling box. would you rather 100 replies saying " no idea, never used one" ?.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies, I've managed to convince a family member to give me their sky go access.. Problem solved