Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Brit gets revenge on scammer by texting him all of Shakespeare

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

Brit gets revenge on scammer by texting him all of Shakespeare

"My text will tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart concealing it will break," William Shakespeare might have written, had he just been conned out of £80 on Gumtree.

Sadly that bitter fate befell Edd Joseph, a young gentleman of Bristol, who resolved to indulge his inflaming wrath by sending the Bard's entire works -- 160 characters at a time -- to the dissembling knave who took his money.

Joseph was in the market for a second-hand PlayStation 3 and sent £80 by unrecoverable bank transfer to a scurrilous crook in Derby who never delivered the goods. (Never use bank transfers, kids!)

Having considered a more direct form of confrontation, our hero realised he could copy entire tranches of text from the Internet into a text message on his iPhone -- and thus overwhelm his enemy's mobile with thousands of messages.

Twenty-two plays have now been delivered, across 17,424 texts. Luckily, Joseph's O2 contract has unlimited messages, so it's not costing him a penny. O2 declined to comment on the story.

The swaggering rascal on the receiving end, however, has been less than impressed.

"I got the first reply after an hour, and then a few more abusive messages after that. His phone must have been going off pretty constantly for hours," Joseph told the Bristol Post. "But recently he has taken to calling me and giving me abuse on the phone. I tried to ask him if he was enjoying the plays, but he was very confused."

Joseph contacted the police and Gumtree, but neither held out any hope of a more traditional redress.

In total the complete dramatic works of Shakespeare will take 29,305 texts to transmit. "I'm going to keep doing it," Joseph said. "If nothing else I'm sharing a little bit of culture with someone who probably doesn't have much experience of it. I'm not a literary student, and I'm not an avid fan of Shakespeare but I've got a new appreciation you could say -- especially for the long ones."

Code:
     http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/brit-gets-revenge-on-scammer-by-texting-him-all-of-shakespeare-50013508/
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bigbaz (01-04-14),Sicilian (28-03-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sorry wont work

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    A fool and his money are soon parted - but then to publish it for the World to see... takes a special kind of fool.
    Is definitely the most misspelled word on the internet?

Title
    Junior Admin
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimmel View Post
    A fool and his money are soon parted - but then to publish it for the World to see... takes a special kind of fool.
    Or even in this scammy day and age, there are decent people who treat others as they would treat people themselves.

The scammer is hardly the brains of britain as this is theft and surprised the old bill did not jump in especially as the the guy has the bank details of where the money has gone.

Support The Sponsor - Buy from the best HERE
    Please abide by the rules - have a read HERE
    VIX manual & guides >>HERE
    Download images from >> HERE
    New Box Setup Guide >>HERE

D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE

Follow us on Twitter

NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stanman For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (28-03-14)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    He deserved more than the wrath of Shakespeare i'm afraid, thankfully the good people of this world outweigh the bad.

Title
    Thanks
    Gumtree And Ebay feel sorry for anyone who decides to buy from these sites.......
    There basically the c...p site selling junk well comming all conmen to abuse it......
    problem being theres people that sell genuine JUNK on there ..lol
    Last edited by barry2012; 01-04-14 at 20:26.