Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: scanning channels on dm500s

Title
    Thanks

scanning channels on dm500s

hi guys i am in North America,

1--i install DSM image on New dm500s, then i connect dm500s with out Switch directly from LNB to Receiver just 10 foot of Coax Cable wire. And i make sure i am having very good Signal on all Sats etc.

2--i load satellite.xml file in var/etc

3--i scan the Sats one by one all 3 directions 110-118-119w.
    110w -- gives 500 of channels (included unknown & data etc scan)
    118w -- goves 300 of channels (included unknown & data etc scan)
    119w -- gives 700 of channels (included unknown & data etc scan)

4--i received file from dm on to PC via dbedit, then i notice "there is no channel number aloted to all the channels", "some of them shows UNKNOWN", "some of them shows Data",

So i am attaching this real scan 110-118-119w channel list, please have to look,

if you can let me know "How to properly organize UNKNOWN & DATA channels" that will be great.

waiting for your help,

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Thanks
    data channels are simply as they name : DATA. Unknown are mostly channels for testing or in testmode.Just ignore or delete them and use only the channels you need.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    data channels are simply as they name : DATA. Unknown are mostly channels for testing or in testmode.Just ignore or delete them and use only the channels you need.
    hi there, thanks for your fast reply,

the channels what i get after Scan, i don't get the CHANNEL Numbers on it, when i match with DishNet, si is there any way i can get Chnl Number on all the Channels.

on the CHANNANLS which i watch on that it is written "UNKNOWN", so i should not delete this channels i think. So i like to know is there any way i can FIX the above channel list, which is showing DAT & UNKNOWN.

if you don't mind, can you open my above channel list on your PC in dbedit, and you will notice all the channels are missing channel numbers.

if you look on this site none Channel#'s
    hxxp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/dish119.html

So i like to know "How to put CHANNEL NUMBER before the CHANNEL NAME" by using dbedit, please let me know then i will do it....hopefully waiting for your reply for this important quesion.

thanks
    Last edited by tester2; 08-03-14 at 23:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Which version of DBedit are you using? I have just opened your upload with 5.3.16, there are no unknown types. Your chanenls have numbers, but they are not part of the name. They probably do not line up with the provider, but they do have numbers.

Not wise to rename the chanenl name with a number as it will not always tally. You would be better off adding place holders. You will need quite a few.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for you help, i am attaching photo the place RED in Box all of them are missing Channel Numbers, that is before the Channel Name.

I am using the same 5.3.16 DBEdit

1--So how to get the SID Number before the Channle Name over there.
    2--can i keep or delete Data Channels, is there any harm to channel list if i delete that DATA
    3--how to fix UNKNOWN channels

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tester2; 09-03-14 at 06:58.

Title
    Thanks
    hi guys, i just want to put SID Number before the Channel Name, any body know How to put SID NUmber before Channel Name.

any help appricated.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The unknown labelling was for package, not chanenl name. You can click the fields at the top and sort by package an delete the ones you do not want.

On the third box from left you can change to "data" instead of "all types" nad then delete the ones you do not need. Best to leave them though.

If you wnat to rename the service, right click and then select "show/edit details" You will then edit the name to suit yourself. Be warned, if you do not disable scan in background on your receiver, you may find channel names change.

Title
    Thanks
    i scan channel list by using dm500s then i loaded on my PC via dbedit.

after this NOW i like to know "how to IMPORT channel list of dm500s in CHANNEL MASTER" so that i can do some changes in the list. when i click on File->Import->import tamplet, after this i am unable to open or import channel list in CHANNEL MASTER,

so i like to know how ot IMPORT channel list in CHANNEL MASTER, which options i have to press.

thanks for your HELP