Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: BBC4 safe for now…

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts

BBC4 safe for now…

Director of BBC Television Danny Cohen has said BBC4 will remain a TV channel in the short term – but has warned that a tough licence fee settlement would put the channel next in the firing line.

Cohen said that BBC4 was currently safe because moving BBC3 online would deliver the savings required to see the corporation through to the end of the current licence fee settlement. Responding to a question as to whether BBC4’s future could be impacted by a reduced licence fee settlement, Cohen said: “It would be, yes. It’s safe for this period but we’ll have to see what happens with the licence fee.”

Code:
    http://advanced-television.com/2014/03/07/bbc4-safe-for-now/

My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

rushtohush (12-03-14),Sicilian (25-06-14)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Oh well back to the crap two channels the BBC offer. Really makes the £145.50 worth it for the crap the BBC come out with. Nothing good has come out of the BBC since Only Fools and Horses.

Makes you proud to be part of the most laughed at country in Europe doesn't it
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

Title
    Thanks
    maybe the bbc will want to have an internet only service? - whereby only those who have paid the tv licence can log in to watch? Now there's a thought - what do you think guys?

Title
    Thanks
    Most people just look at the BBC for entertainment purposes

People do Not appreciate the Quality of the educational programmes (documentaries and schools programmes) the Great BBC make & put on.
    Some of these are made in conjunction with the OU, Nat Geo, & discovery channels.

The BBC viewers usually get the first airing of these programmes.
    Than these programmes are sold by the OU, repeated on Nat Geo, & discovery channels for years for lot more money on Sky & cable co then the license fee.

When these programmes are shown or repeated on the the BBC, the viewers can now watch them in HD on freesat & freeview for free.

On Nat Geo, Discovery, you have to pay extra for HD.

I think I get my moneys worth from the BBC.
    I have no regret in paying my TV license fee.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am Old enough to remember when we only had 2 TV Channels in the UK ITV & BBC channels 5 and 8 on the old Black and White tv's
    then we got BBC2 and Colour if you could afford it
    and the innovative Sight and Sound transmission's in the 70's where you had the picture on BBC2 and the Sound on Radio 2 or Radio 3 in stereo
    I still have a few recordings on Reel to Reel shame we had no Video recorder then as they where only for the Rich and Famous then and very Expensive
    the BBC did a lot of innovative things in them early days, dose any one remember Binaural sound, it was the for runner of surround sound but you had to wear Headphones
    it was very impressive I still have a few Demo recordings some where
    so if it was not for the BBC in them early pioneering days we might not have the Quality TV Broadcasts that we all take for granted end of rant

and I have nothing to do with the BBC I just appreciate all the things they have done technically, shame they invented EastEnders well they can't get every thing right

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nanochickin View Post

Makes you proud to be part of the most laughed at country in Europe doesn't it
    Belgium?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zappahey View Post
    Belgium?

They played well last night

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zappahey View Post
    Belgium?

im from belguim and we play better footbal then usa you chump

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, it was tongue in cheek rather than serious. With a Belgian wife, I was firmly behind Belgium last night.